Guest viewing is limited

THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@zauberflöte Hi Chris I have just message that you posted on another thread and It seems that we are in the same boat.My left hip started to hurt just a few months after I had the right one replaced but all X-rays have shown that although the hip is quite arthritic there is still adequate joint space so I don't meet the criteria for a left hip replacement.The pain has increased over the past year but the the X-rays don't correspond with the pain levels.It is so frustrating as the same thing happened with the right side and it was only during the arthroscopy that the surgeon saw the arthritis with his own eyes and I went on to have the THR.I have just been referred for a MR Arthrogram to rule out soft tissue problems.Like you I just want to get my life back and I don't feel that I am fully benefitting from the new right hip yet.Having said all that I am still a lot better than I was before I had the right one done and for that I am very grateful but would love to have two good hips.I hope you get the go ahead for your LTHR at your next appointment.
 
@zauberflöte ... Happy New Year, and how are you? I have seen your postings from time to time on other threads and am wondering if your other hip is now making "Me too!" noises?? I trust your op hip is doing okay, though?
My other hip is cranky from time to time, mainly the groin area. It's erratic, but I think is a sleeping giant and a THR is inevitable. I am trying to run the clock out till my annual X-rays from my OS in April or May and see then what the joint space looks like on the other hip's side. For now, a heating pad is working pretty well.
Please let us know how you are doing, okay?
 
Hi @zauberflöte
Sorry to hear about your fall, so dangerous to happen in your bath room! Hope you don't hurt too much today. I found some little things hurt me for days but others that I expected to hurt me didn't. Look after yourself x
 
Im withcoppers on this wee magic flute. You have been soooio supportive to me and thank you for that. Please post how you are.... take care lass

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Awwww all of you since January!!!!! You are all so sweet!!
@Peaches I would LOVE to have the other one. @Kim22 a few months ago I decided it would have to wait till next summer, and the very next day that left hip hurt with a vengeance! Ugh! Not quite sure where to get xrays. We moved "back home" a year ago, and are now over an hour from OS. I'll figure something out!
@Legin @Nana moon 27 @copsham i seem to be doing much better today, and am hoping to get off the tramadol tonight. I needed lots of pain control for a concert this evening, but I' taking a little vacation from playing to get ready for our road trip to Cape Cod in a week.
Glad everybody figured out my screen name :lol: !!!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
@clifford149 how are things going? Have your hands settled down any, since it has been two years since tinned plums? Can you believe it????? Two entire years!!! Take care, you and the beautiful Skye. :)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Hi!!

Are you going to put those kayaks in the water at the Cape?
 
I am doing well....in fact, it was by chance I took a look at this page before I left to go kayaking today and saw where you were going to the Cape and I remembered all the conversations we had about kayaking and then we took those virtual trips when we were on here two years ago recovering. Man it sure does not seem like it has been two years. Have a great time at the cape....
 
@zauberflöte Hi Chris I hope you are having a lovely relaxing holiday ( vacation ) on Cape Cod and you are enjoying yourself in the kayak.I bet that you are having better weather than we are as it is cold and wet in the north east of old England.
I hope you sort out an X-ray when you get back home and I know this sounds a funny thing to say but I hope it shows little or no joint space or whatever the criteria is for you to go ahead with a replacement.My X-rays showed adequate joint space but the pain in my left side got worse so in January I had an MRI with contrast which showed a lot of cartilage loss but it was patchy so I then had to have an injection which was positive so at last I am going to have my replacement.It would have been so much easier if the xrays had demonstrated bone on bone.I am having a nasty flare up at the moment of the hip, knee and shin .I was limping so much that I am relying on my old walking stick.I am hoping this is a temporary blip and that things will settle down again with rest.enjoy yourself x
 
@Kim22 thanks! We are indeed having a great time. There is an old ice cream store that one must visit when here, and we had ice cream before lunch yesterday! Utter decadence! Have you been on any nice walks or holidays yet this spring?
Sadly, I probably won't kayak-- i severely bruised and possibly fractured a rib or three two weeks ago, and while the pain is very much improved, it hurts like the dickens to make that pulling motion you do with paddling. Waaahhhhh :(
Your bone-on-bone wish for my xray is precisely my wish!! I don't want to have to pay for MRI and injections when we all know where it's going to end up.
I am sorry that you're hurting but so very happy that you can finally get it replaced!! Do you have a date yet? I am having more and more bad hip (left) pain too-- this hip is really concentrating on that IT band thing where the side of your knee hurts worse than everything else put together-- the right one did not affect the knee quite so much. Maybe we will meet again on the other side! Oops, that's this side, isn't it :lol:


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Good Morning to all- Glad to see some old names on here again. So many of us are 2013 hippies having some sort of issues with other hip. 1/22/13 LTHR and now right hip has some serious issues. Having cortisone injection next week to see what relief if any that will provide. Replacement is in the future just uncertain when that time will be.
Enjoy the holiday weekend my friends.
 
@zauberflöte Mmmmm ice cream before lunch how lovely.Sorry to hear that you have injured your ribs as this is very painful.I had a nasty chest infection back in the winter and I strained the right side of my rib case from coughing.It was very uncomfortable and I ended up with a condition known as costiochorditis.It has only just disappeared so you have my sincere sympathy and I hope it soon gets better.Shame about the kayak.The last walk I went on was a walk in the woods on the outskirts of Durham to see the beautiful bluebells which are at their best in early May.My memory played tricks as I remember it being a short, gentle stroll on the level but in reality it was further than I remembered with lots of inclines.Consequently my left hip objected and I don't think I will be taking many walks this side of the hip replacement but we will still spend time in our caravan on the coast this summer.I do have a date which is the 28th September. I was offered a date in July but we booked a cruise ages ago for the first week in September and when I saw my OS I was ok.I should have known better.Anyway enjoy the rest of your vacation.
 
Really glad for you wee flute. Hmmmmmm rest that rib or suffer the look.......

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @nanal It is nice to hear from a fellow 2013 hippie but sorry to hear that your other hip is also causing you problems.I had a cortisone injection at the end of March and it gave me 24 hours of relief only which was down to the local anaesthetic.I hope yours is more effective and for longer.The good thing for me was as I had 24 hours pain free it served as evidence that the pain was from the hip and it meant I was put on the waiting list.Let us know how you get on.
 
@nanal hey! I do hope your cortisone injection is going to bring lasting relief :) Good to see you here too!
@Kim22 wow that costio-whatsit sounds Awful! I am glad it has cleared up finally. Coughing wears a person out, doesn't it? LOL I have you beat by a mile-- I was sick for Thanksgiving in late Nov, which didn't clear up til after Christmas. Then two healthy months and then an epic spring allergy season which after a month of coughing turned out to be pneumonia!! Oh and while we have you here, ma'am, your flu swab is positive. Sheesh! That was just after Easter, and I didn't get a clear xray till Wed of last week, by which time I had already fallen (lost battle with gravity while doing something stupid in a slippery bathtub...) and done the ribs. This had been the winter of No Exercise, which has taken its toll on the good hip but probably protected the bad hip a little. I am really happy you get to go on both a cruise and to the coast-- I like thinking of you walking in the wind and salt air! Just keep them short :)
@Legin I do believe that to give a successful Look you have to be a mom. Ask your kids ;)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
@zauberflöte Boy have you had a rough time through winter and spring.I do hope that you have a healthier summer as you certainly deserve one x
 
Kim22- I sure hope this injection last longer than that. I know I need replacement but hubs wanted to wait until summer was over because both grandsons play baseball and we really like to go support them. Some days I can do okay and even went to Y past two days doing elipitical and upper body machines. Walking is my enemy. I have a definite hitch in my step but I have pain radiating to knee and front shin that is a real issue. I sort of remember the same with my left hip as well. Sitting is not a problem but laying in bed for some reason really starts the aching and almost like a nerve down my leg to knee. Sleeping has become somewhat of an issue which doesn't help when you are working every day.
 
I have exactly the same pain,shooting from the groin through the front thigh into the knee and shin.I had knee pain in the right one before the op but it only hurt on weight bearing but this one is noticeable when I am at rest too.I also wanted to get through the summer and booked the end of September for surgery as at the time I wasn't too bad, that was a month ago and I am now a lot worse and reliant on my cane again for walking.Last time I refused to use one even when I had a limp and ended up with soft tissue problems afterwards so this time I am not letting my pride get in the way.I really hope you get a good result with the injection and it takes you through the summer.

Sorry Chris I have high jacked your thread as I don't have one anymore and it is a bit too early to start one in the Preop side.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back
Top Bottom