THR WOW! Lore Has a New Hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
still have to wait 2 more months to sleep on my preferred right side.

This just goes to show how differently health people work. I had my right hip done, and according to your signature, so did you. My op was jsut 5 days before yours. Two weeks ago, PT told me I could sleep on my right side, but not the left. I have to admit it was far too painful then, but now its fine. I also sleep on my left but do find a pillow between my knees helps.
 
This just goes to show how differently health people work. I had my right hip done, and according to your signature, so did you. My op was jsut 5 days before yours. Two weeks ago, PT told me I could sleep on my right side, but not the left. I have to admit it was far too painful then, but now its fine. I also sleep on my left but do find a pillow between my knees helps.

go figure, very interesting isnt it?. Yes i will continue as well to put a pillow between my knees, it's very comfortable ... and comforting!
 
Triumphant day! Went for first drive in my car, with PT guy. Just drove around the complex- it's a private road so no traffic to deal with- I did it!! Though definitely not ready to face the Freeways and am in no need to thank goodness. But gas pedal to brake reaction time was just fine. Looking over shoulder to back up was difficult pre surgery- now not so much! Been on my feet quite a bit the last 2 days , leg feels heavy so time to rest and ice.
 
Now almost at 5 weeks post surgery, last session with in home PT- We went to the fitness center in our complex and I did 5 minutes on the eliptical with no issue. Would have tried the recumbant bike but someone was using it. I am really astounded how much stronger i am since just one week ago. Out Patient PT eval is this Thursday.
 
Today is the 6 week anniversary of my surgery! I cannot believe how quickly the time has gone by. Just wanted to report in that recovery has been great. I am now doing outpatient PT; using the recumbent bicycle and doing upper body exercises in our fitness center; am able to walk slowly, carefully 4 miles thru the course of 12 hour day- at 1/2 mile increments. My leg definitly tells me to rest when i start to surpass 1/2 mile mark. I just have to be patient and remind myself to not overdo. I've been driving around the neighborhood this week, running a few errands, doing more focused tasks.
I go back to work on the 22nd, but luckily I am able to work from home. I've told my company not comfortable traveling or commuting to the office for another month at least.

I probably could have returned to work at 4 weeks, but one of my goals in recovery was to "reboot" some healthy habits that have been lost over the years due to career and general life challenges. Simple things such as reading other than trade journals, exercising first thing in the morning, preparing a new recipe or two every week, getting myself on better sleep habits. It has been profoundly restortative.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom