THR WOW! Lore Has a New Hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not able to do marketing yet, so decided to splurge and set up a subscription for Farm Fresh To You, locally sourced produce delivered once per month(can be more frequent, but the $$ add up). First box arrived today- so much fun to set up a prep station in the kitchen. I do the same thing as at my stand up computer station- I move the walker in the kitchen and I push it against the counter and stand inside- I don’t really need it for stability but just in case I forget and decide to make an impulsive move for the olive oil or whatever- the walker is there to remind me to be very careful.

I do a little prep, then rest and elevate for a while with ice, then go to the next item. Having a lovely veg assortment for dinner tonight! Great to have some stamina to do this. Just must be very aware to take it slow, rest, ice and make sure my spouse is at the ready to put stuff back in the fridge. All is well!
 
I’ve been using an adjustable foot rest under the desk while I work for several months. It has proved invaluable now as the perfect device to ensure proper leg elevation. It is portable so the trusty foot rest can follow me around. Yesterday was the first venture poolside, just to sit outside for a while, not quite ready to swim yet. My spouse packed up the foot rest, several cushions and we got my sunny seated station all set up- it was fabulous! And it was a nice little walk from our unit to the pool area, complete with a very slight hill, which was a bit difficult but achievable.
 
day , 28 already! Developed a rash last night, all over my back, neck, scalp and a little on my arms. Talked to surgeon's office today, stopping the Celebrex. Was almost at the end of the Rx anyway.
Has anyone else had a rash side effect from this drug?
 
Great to hear about your progress. Mr Hippie also had a rash but it was only on the operated leg. Lasted a week and now is gone. When he had his staples out on Friday, the doctor wasn't concerned unless it got worse.

Cheers, Denise
 
@Lore O I'll tag @Josephine about the rash from Celebrex. Sounds like you are doing very well in this recovery.
 
Great to hear about your progress. Mr Hippie also had a rash but it was only on the operated leg. Lasted a week and now is gone. When he had his staples out on Friday, the doctor wasn't concerned unless it got worse.

Cheers, Denise
Thanks Denise, i'll see the OS Thursday, i think he will say the same
 
@Lore O
Just read your revovery post and enjoyed it very much! Quite inspirational, not to mention some of the funny posts! I think I'm going to bring the baby powder, gloves and sock aid with me to the hospital. When the nurse is struggling to get it on me, I'm going to have everything ready and show her how easy it is! I'm the proverbial joker and will get quite a kick out of it...whether she does or not! Nice thread!
 
I know from personal experience that Celebrex and the sun do not mix well together!
 
@Lore O
Just read your revovery post and enjoyed it very much! Quite inspirational, not to mention some of the funny posts! I think I'm going to bring the baby powder, gloves and sock aid with me to the hospital. When the nurse is struggling to get it on me, I'm going to have everything ready and show her how easy it is! I'm the proverbial joker and will get quite a kick out of it...whether she does or not! Nice thread!

thank you, Cindy! i certainly benefited from reading bonesmart posts pre surgery. i hope writing about my experiences can be helpful to others. best of luck to you!!
 
I know from personal experience that Celebrex and the sun do not mix well together!

yes that may have started it, i did get some sun last week. i tried to be proactive with sunscreen and wore a hat
 
Itchy, Itchy, my goodness! Benadryl and 1% cortizone giving just slight relief. Presume this will run its course soon, hope so!!.
I did 2 flights of stairs with PT guy. That was great. Some difficulty with foot "flopping" as i go down one stair at a time. Need to practice putting down the toe first, according to my PT. It's like learning how to do this all over again. Very interesting! but no pain- YAY!
Also practiced getting into the car from the driver's side and moving my operated leg from the gas pedal to the brake. That was a bit challenging. Had to help my leg along with my hands. In an emergency i could drive but i dont want to push it yet. Self Abosrbed LA drivers are CRAZY, need to have all my wits about me and feel comfortable with quick reaction time.
 
In an emergency i could drive but i dont want to push it yet.
Good move! Many people don't factor in being on meds and the energy required to do this. Wait until you are totally ready - especially in LA!
 
Day 31, post op apointment with OS- released from the 90 degree hip precautions, YAY! Incision looks great, he told me to start massaging it with Vitamin E, got Rx for outpatient PT.
Also went to primary care dr for my rash as it really bloomed badly. She asked me" where's my walker!!"- so pleased i've been using cane only for the last 3 weeks (most of her patients are older than i). And she was so impressed how well the incision looks.
Lab results on rash inconslusive. On Prednisone and Claritin for the next 5 days. No more set backs!!!
OH, and just slightly anemic, so will continue to focus on diet- would prefer to not take supplements.
 
Great update @Lore O ! So sorry you are still dealing with that rash. Hopefully Claritin will do the trick!
 
Wonderful news @Lore O although I got released from restrictions at post op appointment, I'm still taking it easy and try not to bend too far. What is lovely is to be able to sleep on my side, rather than on my back.

Hope your rash disappears soon, nothing worse than a constant itch.
 
Wonderful news @Lore O although I got released from restrictions at post op appointment, I'm still taking it easy and try not to bend too far. What is lovely is to be able to sleep on my side, rather than on my back.

Hope your rash disappears soon, nothing worse than a constant itch.

thank you, Liz, yes me too, i am definilty not bending down yet to pick up anything from the floor. and yes sleeping on side is blissful, but still have to wait 2 more months to sleep on my preferred right side. Itch is now just "there" not calling to me!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom