THR WOOHOO I'm On The other Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, our favorite game too! Omar as Chalky White in Boardwalk Empire, and Little Finger on GOT was on The Wire, can't remember his character name.

Aiden Gillan is his name , he was the mayor in TW , he's an Irish actor , I think you'll be getting an Irish show , which he plays a major character , called Love/Hate over in US eventually , rumours were indicating same , it's about the drugs wars in Ireland . I thought ''drugs wars'' in Ireland , a program about ???? , I didn't watch it . I heard too many good things about it then and Ireland has become obsessed with it so I started watching it and ye it's brilliant , the script is A1 , the characters and plots are realistic and they do convey the problems Ireland is having with drugs .
It's like a mini Wire .
 
I overdid it two days ago , I went for a walk in the morning and took in some inclines and felt good after , my partner came home from work that evening and I suggested going for another walk , I'd done twenty minutes on the turbo trainer two days before and was feeling ''brave'' , big mistake !
There's an incline at the end of the walk and not long into it I felt ''pressure'' on my butt , the glute was making its complaint , I got home and rested for the past few days . I'm ok now I'll have to gradually work in putting pressure on the glute , I was on the turbo trainer again today with no problem , I stay seated and do an easy course , the rest helped and I felt great afterwards . I'll certainly be keeping the progression slow and watching the pressure to the glutes :doh: .
 
You are doing really well, i didn't know what a turbo trainer was so googled it, not sure if i would be confident enough to try one, not sure who it was on here that quoted to me that recovery is a marathon not a sprint, i am constantly telling myself that as i always want to do everything yesterday:heehee:
 
Thanks Tibs , the turbo trainer is handy when the weather is bad , I swore after a terrible winter a few years back that I'd get one , treated myself to a computerised one and never regreted it , only thing that can stop me now is laziness :)

I needed to remind myself it's a marathon , no more sprinting , I have to start telling myself that as well .
 
Six weeks post op today :)
I thought I'd still be on crutches , not driving , not cycling , all the movement restrictions , pain and stiffness and loads more bad things , But NO . I'm doing all the above and the new hip feels great , a few aches and some stiffness but that OA pain is gone on the right hip .

Josephine : Is it normal to start feeling OA pain , where there was none before , on the opposite hip to the replacement ?
I have dysplasia in the other hip , but it wasn't as bad and I never felt any pain before , but in the last couple of weeks I'm getting the same OA pain I was getting in my replaced hip , with the referred pain to the knee , it's very annoying as I'm confused , I knew I had the dysplasia and was aware that it would be a problem eventually but not this soon after RTHR .
Thanks for any feedback and advice .

If this is normal and it is because of the OA , I know I won't be waiting for it to get worse after feeling so good after the RTHR
 
Well, obviously I cannot tell you if it's due to arthritis but it's not at all uncommon for the 'contralateral' (non-surgical) hip to become painful because of bearing the load for the surgical hip. You will only know when the pain either subsides or gets worse.
 
Thanks , hopefully it'll go away , I'll wait and see .
 
I'm still amazed every day how good recovery is going .
I'm just over six weeks post op and I did 45 minutes on the turbo trainer today at pretty much the same pace I was doing two weeks before the operation , I can't believe it , I'm glad though :)
I'm still not tempted to spend longer exercising but feel I won't be long getting back to where I was and probably fitter without the OA , I'm looking forward to next Summer .
 
Like zumzumpammy I'm not getting much sleep and it's very frustrating for now but hopefully it'll get better soon .

On the upshot I went out on the bike for the first time this week , ''slow and steady wins the race'' , I took it easy kept to HR average of 150bpm so I was just doing enough , 65 minutes and it felt good to be out in the fresh air , the turbo trainer is alright but not the same .
I've made a training plan for cycling and weight training , being sensible and starting very very easy on the weights and a sesible progression .

Over the past nine months and more so since the operation I've put on a lot of weight , not training as much or as hard due to the OA pain and still eating as much but I seem to be losing it slowly without trying , I'm just being more active thanks to the THR .
 
Great news about the bike! I still have issues sleeping. I have given up worrying about it, agree incredibly frustrating.:hairpulling: That is why I am awake and on BoneSmart at 6am on a Saturday morning. :/
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom