Guest viewing is limited

TKR Wobbley knee

sisterinhim-I don't have plantar, but posterior tibial tendonitis. I will try anything to help. Foot doc told me I was so quiet about the ankle when he was working on the Morton's neuroma on the same side. Nobody has called me quiet unless I was sick, or super upset, lol
 
@Josephine, I understand now! I don't remember what the doctor told me to do, but after a few minutes my foot was frozen because there was nothing between the bottle and my foot! But, it did help me.
 
Not happy with -3? Gee, he's a hard man to please - how much is 3 degrees?! Hardly the length of the word!
LOL.. He is looking for skier quads.. I may just go skiing this winter and see about that. Curiously he doesnt care a whit about flexion as long as its progressing. He is a cute doc.. and free though
 
@cshs78 ... let's see if we can get the discussion back on your concern for your posterior tibial tendonitis. @Josephine....can you offer any advice for her on this condition?
 
I called my OS today, just to be sure if I have to wear a cast, that it won't affect the new knee. They said no it won't hurt the knee. Still so unsure of everything
 
PT will probably show you gentle stretches for the PTT. Like the tkr don't expect instant results, easy does it.
 
As long as I don't need a cast, and that I finally get better
 
Update on my foot/ankle issues caused by my new knee. So, I go to the foot doctor for another shot in for my Morton's neuroma. He said if this doesn't work for the 4 th time I need surgery (an inch incision, off work for a week). The posterior tibial tendonitis is responding to PT, but it takes time, esp. seeing I wanted to toughen it out when it first came on. He said exercise after we get this cleared up, like walking. I told him he said to stop walking (I was up to 2 miles at 12 weeks postop). He said yes, but when the inflamation goes down, we will go over exercises so this doesn't happen again. Knee is a little sore because of PT to ankle, but no big deal. If I didn't have the foot issues, my knee is fine at 7 1.2 months
 
Just going over my thread from this summer and fall. Wow, it really was a rough ride. I see some things I would definitely do differently. I will be 1 year on May 10-going in then for my 1 year follow up. Knee feels great, getting over posterior tibial tendinitis, and trying to lose some weight for my son's September wedding. I never thought I would be climbing up a ladder at church, and onto the altar, to help decorate the church for Easter. I will let you all know what Dr. Joe says in May
 
That all sounds great! I'm so glad you've got back your normal life. :yes!: :yay: :happydance:
Best wishes for your son's wedding next month.
 
I am 14 months post op. I went for my 12 month check up and my OS said I was doing great and I didn't need to see him for 2-5 years unless needed. He said no restrictions.

So me, I went and got a couple of new flip flops with arch support because after my LTKR I got posterior tibial tendinitis. So I have been wearing them a lot, and over the past few days, I have noticed pulling pain to the back outer knee and pain and weakness when I first stand up.

Back to tennis shoes to see if this helps. Has any one else have this issue?
 
@cshs78 you will notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

This is for three reasons
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if necessary
 
So me, I went and got a couple of new flip flops. I have been wearing them a lot, and over the past few days, I have noticed pulling pain to the back outer knee and pain and weakness when I first stand up.
Well, you are a silly-billy! Do you not know that flip-flops are hard on even healthy legs and feet? Little wonder you've ended up getting pain!
He said no restrictions.
I'm curious - what kind of restrictions did you expect to get? That's usually for hips!
 
I guess I always learn the hard way!! I was just happy that this summer was better than last summer of recovery and depression. Restrictions--I don't know, like kneeling. I guess I have been doing what I have done before, except for this discomfort now. May time for a massage to this leg!
 
I had a LTKR in May, 2016. I basically have done OK. Knee is not perfect, fine. Anyways, about 2 weeks ago, when I would stand up after sitting or laying for a while, my knee would feel wobbley/unstable at first. After standing there for a few seconds, I am fine. A few things--I got a flu and pneumonia shot. My OS did say OK to that. Also, I got in a wrestling match in the middle of the night with the cover, but don't remember hurting it. I am a 1st grade teacher, who has gone back to school since being on remote teaching and summer break since March 13. In order to combat this feeling, i will do a few leg exercises, and when I stand I am fine. I have danced at my niece's wedding, taken down the swimming pool, trimmed a couple bushes. I am scared to death of needing a revision. Also, I am currently waiting for the OS to call to do the RTKR in October. Now that knee hurts, but doesn't wobble. I do have an appointment tomorrow with the OS to check the LTKR out, and to get a date for the right surgery. I am wondering if me sitting around for 5 months weakened my muscles, or if something is seriously wrong with me.
 
It sounds like the right thing to ask the OS about it at your appointment. He/she should be able to figure out if it's a muscle thing or something else.
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom