Bilateral TKR Where to begin??? Let’s start on day one!

So...today is 4 weeks post op plus one day. Met with my OS and he says I’m doing great and that he’ll see me in a year.

Reminded me that full recovery will take up to 18 months. To continue PT and to start using my pool on 2-3 weeks. Not to be afraid to use my knee..that I can’t break them!! He suggested I start kneeling on my bed in two weeks to get over the “kneeling” thing.

Measured at 120-left and 110-right. Transitioning to cane from walker starting today.
 
it is fun to walk in the pool, but be careful it is easy to overdo in the pool and your knee will complain!!
 
Happy 5 week Kneevisery to me!

Walking around the house unassisted and outside with cane! Down to 1/2 Percocet at night with Tylenol during the day.

Attending PT 2x a week...was able to rotate the pedals on the recumbent bike yesterday at PT.

Still icing and elevating, most of the swelling is down...right still a little tighter than left. Sleeping better according to my FitBit.

Starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel...I think the next 2-3 weeks are going to be the most trying psychologically since I feel better but still not totally healed. Hope to be able to start using my pool soon.

Best wishes to all my fellow replacers!

Best,

Leslie
[Bonesmart.org] Where to begin???  Let’s start on day one!
 
Sounds like you're doing great! Focus on small victories until you can reach the big ones. :)
 
It is true that it is easy to overdo at this time!! Just remember my doc told me that at five weeks, I should be lying down and resting for two hours for every one hour that I was up. Give your body time to heal now and you will be glad later.
 
Six weeks and counting down!!!

Feel wonderful...walking unassisted around the house, take my cane (just in case) when I go for my walks around the neighborhood.

Attended my first Weight Watchers meeting and lost 5 pounds since surgery...so excited that I can now continue my journey to goal weight. Started January 2017 at 222...down to 177!!! Need 17 more to get to goal weight!!!!

I was able to vote last week after PT and have a lunch scheduled with my neighbor
this coming Thursday. Love my non PT outings.

Attending PT 2x a week. Great massage, stretching, recumbent bicycle and balancing exercises.

Sleeping between 4-5 hours a night (this was my pre-surgery amount). Down to only Tylenol (1000mg) 3x a day, switching out the last dose to Tylenol PM. I Have finished Eliquis and Protonix and Percocet protocol.

Walking, stretching, ankle slides and riding recumbent bike at home at short intervals during the day. Elevating and icing 3-4 a day for one to two hours at a time. Can sit for 20-30 minutes at a time.

Hope to continue feeling better. Going to try the pool next week and will wait till the 8th week anniversary before I start up my weekly Enbrel shots again.

Looking forward to driving probably mid-late October???

At the end of June, my position was eliminated (I almost made it to 19 years). I had already started the BTKR process and decided to proceed with surgery on 7-25-18.

It’s been very peaceful to recover without the pressure of getting back to the office by a certain date. Will start job hunting in November...then again may just enjoy my new knees and start looking in January.

Hasn’t been easy! But not as hard as I was afraid it was going to be. I know this is the best thing I could have done for myself and quality of life. Looking forward to continued healing and getting stronger.

Again thank you to all my fellow replacers for keeping me informed with your recovery stories. @Josephine you are a treasure with your knowledge and how generously you share it with our community.

All my best,

Leslie
[Bonesmart.org] Where to begin???  Let’s start on day one!
 
Sounds like a wonderful outcome 2@atime, you too, have been a great inspiration. Thank you.
 
10 weeks post op today!

[Bonesmart.org] Where to begin???  Let’s start on day one!


Getting better everyday and believe this is one the best things I have ever done for myself.

Walking, sitting, standing, swimming and pretty much every “ing” thing without discomfort..still doing PT 2x a week and following up at home with stretching and riding my recumbent bike.

Not driving yet..but between family, great friends and UBER getting out of the house for non PT related excursions and living life.

Haircut and mani/pedi last week and lunch with the girls. Daughter’s official visit at FIU this weekend (she’s officially committed to play D1 college softball next year). Strawberry milkshake with a friend and some groceries at a small market by my house yesterday! Looking forward to going to see Queen -Bohemian Rhapsody on November 2nd!! And hopefully many more activities!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful October and continues improving a little bit more everyday!
 
10 weeks already! Sounds like you’ve had a great recovery.
Isn’t it great to get out and do normal things? And congrats on Miss D1 softball player. She must be really good.

Bohemian Rhapsody! Doesn’t the actor look just like Freddie! Especially when he had short hair. We saw the previews last week at the movies. Hope it’s still in the movies by the time I’m able to go!
 
Yay! Here's to getting out and about and enjoying life. Your knees are going to get better and better. You did a great job not overdoing the early days and now you get to celebrate having those wonderful new knees. :happydance:

I can't believe the actor who plays Freddie pulls it off so well. I keep trying to see the guy from Mr. Robot.
 
@beachy and @SusieShoes I saw the trailer for the movie back in June and have been following the movie since. Rami Malik is an amazing actor. Apparently he uses prosthesis for the teeth and one of the first scenes recorded was the LiveAid concert in 1985.

Yesterday was able to catch a matinee with a great friend at a CineBistro (we had the entire theater to ourselves) and we saw A Simple Favor with Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively....ladies HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. It’s a suspense (funny) thriller.
 
I’ll look into that one! Thanks for the tip.
We saw Crazy Rich Asians last week. It was cute. Just ok. Would have been a good pay per view.
 
So...don’t want to jinx it but two consecutive nights according to my FitBit that I don’t wake up and sleep throughout the night!!!! So excited!!!!
And I haven’t taken any Tylenol today. Took 1000mg last night before going to sleep...and haven’t felt the need for any today...

This might be the start of normal again.

Daughter’s Homecoming Dance tonight..at the mall now with her getting makeup and hair done! Then back home to change and then drive her to the dance...going to be a long day.
 
Just read your whole thread. You are an inspiration and doing so well! Hope my recovery goes as well.
 
@MissViv18 thank you for your kind note. I believe a positive attitude is instrumental in our recoveries.

Wishing you all my best..feel free to reach out to me or anyone in this community. There is so much good info and support available.

Best,

L
[Bonesmart.org] Where to begin???  Let’s start on day one!
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom