TKR Where did my energy go?<

I suggest you find a good hands-on chiropractor to work on your tendinitis.

Let me know how you get on.
 
If you are not getting worse than I don't think something bad is really going on. I know in my case I stopped feeling better and then everything started to go downhill to the point where I have pain in my knee at all times. Tylenol helps very little. Having your surgeon reassure you is definitely worth a visit. I hope you start to feel better shortly.
 
I found a new chiro that I am going to try. I guess I still don't understand how just my daily living has caused my knee to Not heal and actually develop damage. I am not doing anything athletic. Very confusing, but I feel better hearing a name put to it and having something new to try.

@newlybionic, I understand completely where you are coming from. I was so excited to get away from the pain I had been living with and doing the things I couldn't. 7 months out I am still in pain and don't feel I have gained much.

I will continue with ice, elevation, rest and add the chiro. Hoping for the best for you too newly bionic.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I still don't understand how just my daily living has caused my knee to Not heal and actually develop damage.
I got tight hamstrings for no known reason about three years ago. I also developed trochanteric bursitis and piriformis syndrome another time. Right out of the blue. Sometimes these things just don't have an explanation.
 
I just came from a visit to the chiropractor. He would not touch it. He believes either that I have ripped something in the knee and anything he would do would only aggravate it more (he was thinking PT anyway) or that the problem is from my previous hip replacement. He did note weakness in my inner leg muscles, but advises that an MRI is the next step along with looking very closely at my right hip to make sure it is functioning like it should.

I have an appointment already with my surgeon for next week, so I will push the MRI idea to him.

Thanks for all your advice; I was really hoping it could be something easily fixed and once the MRI is done hopefully it is and not a problem with the hip. I have had it replaced twice already (second time to fix a botched first replacement). :blackcloud:
 
I'm so sorry you're still having problems. It does get frustrating but hang in there. Hopefully the MRI will give you a clear picture of what's going on and then you will have a plan of action to alleviate your pain.:flwrysmile:
 
:yes!:I saw my surgeon again yesterday. He took more xrays, watched me walk and struggle to rise from a chair and poked my tendons/muscles. He says that if I had ripped something I would not be saying "it's tender"; I would be screaming when he poked around. He also said if I had a serious problem with my replaced hip joint the pain would be in lots of other places than just around the knee.

He noted the swelling and issues and has come up with a plan. He put me on a week of Prednisone followed by a daily Mobic. No activity resembling exercises for two weeks and keep it elevated as much as possible and do ice massages. He thinks if we get the knee totally calmed down that will help for the short term and then he will send me to PT for evaluation of my muscle strength around the knee and hip area. He says he has more tricks up his sleeve if this does not work and seemed to think this is fixable with time, medicine and retraining the muscles.
 
Sounds like good news! Even better to me, it sounds like your OS cares and is willing to help you. I hope this plan of action solves your problem.
 
I'm happy to hear that everything looks good and your OS took the time to listen and give you a plan to resolve your pain.
 
I am happy it wasn't your tendons. I am working with a ruptured patella tendon myself. I also suffer with tendinitis, hopefully the prednisone and babying it will help.
 
I have gone through my round of PT and have worked hard at home on some low impact aerobics, strength training and balance. I am getting around great and when I concentrate on how I am getting up from a chair and going up the stairs; I can do it pain free. I am currently working on kneeling on the floor and learning to crawl around. I am up to about 10 minutes before I have to give up and try do whatever I am about in a standing position. I was enjoying a dose of Mobic or Celebrex every day, but woke up one day with my hands, feet and face extremely swollen. That was the end of those! I also started a low carbohydrate diet since I always seem to feel better and have more energy when I am doing that. Looking forward to a busy summer!
 
I'm glad that you have been working through all your problems and are doing so well. I can't wait for summer to come. Sunshine, fresh fruits and veggies and a swim in the ocean at the NJ shore is just what I need.
 
:swim:Agreed, but I take my swims in Florida and am planning to spend as much time there as I can this summer.
 
That's a pretty good progress report. :yes!::yay:
It sounds as if you are progressing well.
 
Florida sounds delightful. It went down into the 20s two nights ago here in the mountains of PA. I would have loved to be in a warmer area! Warm ocean water is in the mid 60s and it very rarely hits 70. I bet it's a tad warmer there.
 
I am celebrating my One Year anniversary of my knee and what a difference a few months has made. I did a second round of PT and then started doing some exercises that can be accomplished sitting or standing and working on my balance. I also found an amazing pair of kneepads that have a built in offset so that you are kneeling into soft gel, but the offset takes the weight and spreads it out. I have been able to crawl around and paint woodwork and sit on my butt while kneeling. Very nice to feel more like myself. My next item is to try and squat, but I know more work needs to be done to my thigh muscles for that to happen.

This group has been very helpful to me through my recovery and I hope to improve the use of my knee even more over the next few months.
 
Good report and happy knee anniversary!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom