When did you turn the corner and start feeling better

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mercy1 I forgot to ask you. If you are married have you had sex yet? I'm so scared that I cant even think about it. I read the stuff on here, but its also the fact that he was my care giver so not feeling very sexy.
 
@Mercy1 did you have to have a blood transfusion? My hematocrit was 22 and they gave me one unit. I'm thinking that might be another hold back on me. That's great you can drive, I live in the bay area in Calif so its crazy on the freeway.



Mercy1
LTHR 5May14
 
@TTBONE, you have EVERY reason to be tired. . .(I'm TIRED, and I did not need a transfusion!) Also, since it was your RIGHT hip that had surgery, it is good that you are not driving. . .I would not drive either! I know I would probably not be coordinated enough to hit the brake if I had to use my operative leg! Yikes!!! I've seen that Cali traffic. . .you're a smart lady to steer clear of the highways right now!!!



Mercy1
LTHR 5May14
 
I made it! Almost no pain. Took a few steps and up in chair x 45 min. Just strange standing up. Only 1 oral pain med since surgery.

to answer your question the short way, it took me about 3 weeks before I could stop the Vicodin/hydrocodone. It took me 7 weeks before my knee felt normal since I was numb from the hip down to my knee. (I had a posterior THR). It took me about 12 weeks before an actual smile was on my face. The first 3 weeks were horrible for me. Pain all the time. I'm 9 months out and I'm loving this. Takes a long time to get to 9 months. Recovery seemed to slow way down for me after the first 3 months and then slowed down more after 6 months.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom