Guest viewing is limited

Hip Arthroscopy What's normal?<

It's certainly been a long haul for you, Beth.
Thankfully you found someone able to discern the origin of your pain and offer a viable solution. Naming the procedure here may be helpful to anyone searching the forum with similar issues or outcome from an Arthroscopy due to FAI Pincer and Labral tears. The info will be added to your signature.

Thanks for your kind sentiment in regard to BoneSmart. We will continue to be here offering support and encouragement as you move forward.
Wishing only the best for you!
@bethreads
 
:wave: @bethreads
Sounds like you have Finally gotten some answers and you sound very confident with your OS.
You've had such struggles and it has to be such a relief to be validated and have a plan.:tada:
He essentially told me that my previous arthroscopic surgery failed to correct my impingement and that a much more dramatic surgery would be needed to correct it (open hip surgery)
Would love to know what the OS needs to do to get this corrected...sounds like not hip replacement?
I'm glad you were able to go into the appointment with great questions and happy to know you feel we played a part in helping you.:friends:

Please let your Bonesmart pals know when your surgery is scheduled...you know we are rooting for you.

It's certainly been a long haul for you, Beth.
Thankfully you found someone able to discern the origin of your pain and offer a viable solution. Naming the procedure here may be helpful to anyone searching the forum with similar issues or outcome from an Arthroscopy due to FAI Pincer and Labral tears. The info will be added to your signature.

Thanks for your kind sentiment in regard to BoneSmart. We will continue to be here offering support and encouragement as you move forward.
Wishing only the best for you!
@bethreads

It was incredibly validating!:ok:

To answer the questions, from my Mayo Clinic notes summary with doctor's notes in quotes, I have "an over-constrained socket, with a deep socket, downgoing roof angle, general over-coverage of the femoral head, with a coxa profunda." Basically my hip socket is really deep and may need adjusting all around to accommodate the femoral head. My measurements for the various angles were not complete at the time my surgeon got the x-rays and CT scan, but those will be added later. To correct the joint, I would need "surgical hip dislocation and a derotational femoral osteotomy" depending on what the CT scan measurements are. So not hip replacement, as I have no degeneration of the joint and no arthritis in the hip. I have very limited rotation internally. I can cross my legs normally, but I cannot internally rotate my hip ("she has -10 degrees of internal rotation at 90. She has pain at extremes of flexion and internal rotation, with a very constrained hip.").

I would need to plan to be out of work for another six weeks, at least, and I have a few questions about recovery/recommendations for recovery. I wouldn't really be able to do this until the second half of 2020, because my sister is getting married in June 2020 and I won't have enough time off until mid-year anyway. I will be seriously considering my options.
 
Thanks for the explanation, Beth.
Wishing you discernment as you make decisions and comfort when you're struggling. Please stay in touch and let us support you when / if the time comes.
Until then....all the best.
@bethreads
 
@bethreads Hope you are hanging in there, friend.
Thinking of you...:loveshwr:
 
bethreads, did you read the articles Layla left you in her post? There is a paragraph in them that clearly says

"Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess."

I've had so many people post--arthroscopy ask for help because they are in pain and then I find out they'd been doing exercises! Not good! And mostly because it really, truly is unnecessary!

I'd really like to offer you some structured advice but in order to do that, I also need to ask you some questions. Are you willing for me to do that?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom