Guest viewing is limited

What is a flexionator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today at P/T, they got him to 100 on the flexinator. That was a major accomplishment for him. The P/T wants 110, but will settle for 105. He is trying so hard.
He is still bothered by his back terribly. They are going to do the 2nd lumbar injection tomorrow, his pain is that bad (he was scheduled next week). The 1st shot had no effect.
We have a recliner that rocks, would he get the same benefit from that as a regular rocker?
Thanks to all again.
 
:yrk:...OH MY GOODNESS 00 THATS IS SO GREAT..TELL HIM TO BE SO PROUD , HE DID THIS, THATS IS A HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT...REALLY.......I hope his back gets straight and I bet all this might be a relief for you as well. Keep on with the good news , we love it,..........:yrk:...
 
The recliner that rocks if like mine is considered a rocker.
They say that helps.

Tell him good job on the 100
 
Ouch, what a major improvement!!! I'm so happy for you both.

I pray that the second shot will help and provide relief at least for a while until his knee is settled.

I can't recall what you have said before about his back. Has a surgeon looked at it and talked about any type of surgery to help with the pain? I know my hubby had teriffic back pain with spinal stenosis. He had surgery to clean out all the calcium deposits and two disks fused. The result was fabulous and he has no pain now (well, except the pain he gets because he doesn't do any exercise - muscle stuff). I know the LAST thing your husband probably wants to hear is surgery, but maybe at some point a back specialist could make some recommendations other than just they shots.
 
Jamie: This same surgeon he is seeing now operated on his back in 02. He had a decompressive laminectomy. He had pain on and off throughout the last 7 years, but nothing he couldn't live with. Once they did the knee, and I guess from his gait being thrown off (because of the knee) really threw the back out. He would not even have to take the vicodin if it wasn't for the back. He can tolerate the pain from the knee. In fact, he has gone down from 3-4 (750 mg vicodin) a day to 1 1/2. I see an improvement in his mood already. But with his back, he cannot sit for more than 5 minutes. He constantly gets up and walks, lays down, gets back up and walks, constantly throughout the day. He does manage to get about 6-7 hrs. sleep at night because he takes a sleeping pill (that in itself is a whole other issue we have to deal with later, once everything is healed). Oh well, we're off for the second injection, lets just keep our fingers crossed that this one has some effect.
 
Thanks for the explanation, Ouch. As long as you keep in touch with the surgeon, I'm sure he'll continue to offer options. My hubby had two laminectomies....so I really understand what that means! It is serious surgery, but can make a difference in pain. I pray that your husband finds relief. He (and you) are working so hard!!! You're an inspiration with your dedication and I do believe it will pay off.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom