Guest viewing is limited

TKR Well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I stretched a ligament on the outer knee, so lots of pain. Happened during PT lifting a small ankle weight. It was too soon and now Im paying the price. Had to go back to surgeon and get looked at just in case. If it hurts doing it, dont do it... :banghead:I read that a few times too! I hope it heals quickly, I was doing so well too. Im back on pain meds to help with pain of almost any bending...jeez:groan:
 
I had the same thing happen with my first knee. You probably are a little soon for weights yet. With my first it was about 12 weeks when I started, then I hurt myself like you did and had to rest and ice for 2 weeks before I could try it again. This time I've been able to ease into it a little sooner but only because those muscles were built up from strengthening exercises for several months before surgery. Take it easy and rest - it will get better.
 
some of us---and I include myself in that list---seem to learn best from experience!!! You will be a good support system for others who are wondering if it is okay to do too much!!!
 
Hope your knee is feeling a little better. Guess it's a hard way to learn that you tried to do things too early, however, saying that, l guess we've all been there, l know l have. Pleased that you haven't damaged your knee, always such a worry for us when things don't go to plan. I had a fall at week 8 and put myself back 3 weeks so know exactly how you must be feeling,
 
Ouch! Hope things improve quickly! I know, easier said than done. I'm just beginning to feel better after popping a stitch 3 weeks later. Crazy how things happen!
 
@momweb it really hurt at the time but, like you, things are beginning to improve. Certainly is crazy.
 
@CATSMUM the sad thing is we want instant results and healing and when it doesn't happen we get upset, at least I did. I was flying so high with my recovery when at 6 weeks I popped that stitch and like you, it set me back a good 3 weeks. Those were some of the were worse 3 weeks, almost worse than those coming home after the surgery. But now, I can walk up and down the stairs again (not every step, not all the time), but I'm getting there. I can sleep on my side, even if for only a few minutes. I can bend my knee as much now as I good before I popped the stitch. Now, I can start getting stronger. Now, I'm back to where I was. At least now, I see hope beyond the horizon. And that horizon looks pretty darn good!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom