THR weezie's recovery thread

weezie

Country
Canada Canada
Greetings Fab 4....! So far so good! Came home one day early as the ward that I was in was a total nightmare, crying, hollering, bells ringing all night, and patient who threatened the nurse....finally they had to call security, on the first night. Felt like I was in a pysch ward....the nurses and staff were fantastic to me and was up and walking on day two and day three was on my way home....gave me tramacet and asprin, no more arthritic hip pain, only surgery pain, plus I have no bruising and very little swelling. Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and am very grateful for this operation and a great hubby! Thinking of you all xxxxxoo Here's to a speedy recovery.

no compression socks, just ice packs and some pain meds....doing my exercises....I try to nap each day around 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. to day meds.....and just taking it easy, up walking with my walker.....

@weezie you had been on everyone's mind as I saw further up the post and had been wondering myself. So glad you are home and feeling good. Continue to rest,ice, elevate and medicate by the clock. Now we know the entire Fab 4 are doing well. Have a wonderful day!

Great to hear from you! @weezie
As you can see the Fab Four has fans.
What an experience you had in the hospital....sounds
crazy enough to have produced some laughs.
It's great to hear your pain and swelling is under control. I think you're on your way!
Best wishes for a relaxing week and continued recovery.

Hi @weezie, so glad to hear from you especially as you are doing so well. I have had experiences like that in the past when I was in a public hospital and everyone around me was at least 40 years older. Not a restful time especially when you need to sleep.

It’s 3.30am and I have woken to the collapse of Fort Pillow and some pain. I knew if I came here there would be something to read that would make feel less alone. Painkillers will kick in soon, bathroom trip and then reconstruct the pillow installation for a few hours more sleep.

@weezie Wish you had your recovery thread started so we could cheer you on and you would have a record of how your recovery is going. It's also a great place to vent, or celebrate, or ask self-specific questions.
An administrator can help with that. Want to pick your brain without derailing threads.
Hope you will be up to it soon.

Hi @weezie
So good to hear from you, sounds like you're doing great.
Wish you'd start your own thread, Weezie.....it's easy peasy!
It would help us in finding you to say Hi and check on your progress.
Several of us were looking for you post surgery.....so you've got fans.....now you need a thread.
Best wishes for continued recovery and a great weekend!

Sounds good...how to I get a thread?

thread, start a.jpg
@weezie, I have started a thread of your own for you. We like to keep our members' recovery posts all in a single thread. That way it's easy for us to go back and read your history before responding to a question or concern. In addition, the thread becomes a journal of your recovery for those who come along later and want to read about you.

So, please post in this thread from now on when you want to give an update or ask a question. If you have questions or concerns that need an immediate answer, please tag an admin, a mod, or other members or all three.

Remember to post about your recovery here. When posting in other members' threads, you should be discussing their recovery.

If you are having a problem locating your thread, here is a link with how to do it: How can I find my threads and posts?

:hi: @weezie
Your own show.
Weezie's Wonderful World of Recovery.
Hope you are seeing that light through the long tunnel we all travel through.
It isn't much fun, and the light may flicker on the way, but a bright future awaits.
Hope you are hanging in there.

Happy Friday @weezie Yay....your own thread!
Now we can find you easily to check and see how you're doing.
I hope you're feeling a bit better each day.
Wishing you a restful and relaxing weekend.

Last edited:
It sounds like your recovery is off to a good start @weezie - well, once you left this hospital anyhow. I suppose all that going on in the hospital may have been quite a distraction though so you had little time to think about yourself as you wondered what might be happening else where!!

It is always good to be home where you can sleep when you want without interruption and get up when you feel so inclined. Just remember what everyone on BS says - rest, ice and elevate! You will be walking without any aids in no time at all!!

Happy Friday @weezie. Hope you have a great weekend ahead of you.

@weezie Welcome to the other side! I'll post your recovery articles here for you to refer to during this journey.
Hip Recovery: The Guidelines

1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary

2. Control discomfort:
rest
elevate
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)
don't overwork.

3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.​

4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these

5. At week 4 and after you should follow this:

BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery. While members may create as many threads as they like in a majority of BoneSmart's forums, we ask that each member have only one recovery thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review history before providing advice.

Yesterday was a great day, as I had my first shower and bowel movement. Small achievements make for good head space! As for the BM, try and drink as much water as possible and a stool softener, cuz yesterday I felt like I passed a football....sorry to be so graphic but it was misery. Now on day 9 after surgery I am experiencing swelling in my ankle and calf and incision is feeling all fuzzy and tingling. I can say for right now that I have very little pain but still on top of my meds. I found having a bed mat from the hospital easy to slide in and out of bed on my own. I am able to walk with my walker but do not feel confident enough to try with a cane, shall wait till I see the physiotherapist on October 19th. All I say to myself, one day at a time, and that's good enough for me, considering sitting still for me is driving me crazy. Hang in there, as this is all new to me as well and look forward to your updates, your struggles, venting and recovery! Your Hippy Sister xx

Last edited:
@Mojo333 @GrannyC @EmEm @Welshgirl @Layla Greetings you Hippy Sisters!! Just checking in to say hiya and see how you are all fairing out....thanks for all of your support as we will get thru this together! Have a restful and blissful weekend....Love Your Hippy Sister

@weezie, that's fantastic! Getting back to normal function is everything! Absolutely, water and stool softeners are necessary to keep things "going"!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
007Knee
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom