Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

Yep. The problem is obvious there.
 
That's exactly what my Xray looked like. I hope you can find a way to have it fixed. I had additional problems found when my revision was done. The old OS had left pieces of cement floating loose within my knee.
 
I hope you can get things taken care of and move on with life pain free. Next time I check in on you, I'll be hoping for better news. Hang in there -- it sounds like you are getting close to being pain-free.

Roxie
 
I am spinning my wheels until the next appointment at this rate. I am hoping for more details on options then.
I will not have anything done until next year probably. I currently cannot do stairs or climb hills with out intense pain as the prosthetic grinds across the back of my knee cap. I also have difficulty with leg lifts seated from bend to straight since it causes a similar binding of the knee cap to happen. i plan to give information on the doctor i got from @newlybionic to my OS. I will be year out from the revision with the new spacer next month. I just don't want round three unless its the last one and i will be a happy camper. I have had ups and downs with this process. i thought after the looseness was fixed i would be okay, had know idea it would cause something else. i speculate when the knee was loose, the knee cap did not pull down far enough to cause the binding, that's why it was not apparent before.
 
I'm sorry that you are still having problems.

I don't think that shaving your kneecap is really an option. To me, it looks as if it's mis-aligned.
I'd certainly seek another opinion.
 
Sigh, yea, this is looking more and more apparent. I am getting so tired of this. I went from my present OS to a serious second opinion and visits to get my current one that did the spacer revision and lateral release. His plan was supposed to fix my really loose knee, which he did and realign the knee cap to center, which the lateral release did not do. Getting realignment, which he talked about would mean a full revision, and of course another full recovery. Just when my insurance deductibles just about doubled. No way I will do this unless this is finally done right. i am in the no go zone for the other knee, if this is gonna happen again. You can see I have that same tilt out think going on, but it doesn't hurt to do stairs or climb with. Frustration!!
 
I'm sorry that you are still fighting to get your knee working correctly. My knee cap wasn't tracking correctly and I was losing ROM and having increasing pain. My OS changed out all the hardware and re-aligned my knee cap and I am very happy with my result. I can now do hills both up and down and steps. I still get swelling but my OS has told me it should be gone by 18 months, it's just a minor annoyance to me.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am really sorry to hear this @wberry. I was so in hopes that the revision would solve your problems. Please don't give up though. Keep looking for answers -- the right one is bound to be out there somewhere.

Roxie
 
wberry,
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your knee cap.
The posts with your x rays are #1081 and #1160. You can see the tilting in the second x ray with the sunrise view.
 
Okay folks, Thursday is the big day. I see Dr. Pappademus at my one year out.
No change since i saw him earlier this year. I have been using the elevators a lot and only do stairs on the left knee. When I have tried the right it is still doing the same thing and hurts to do a climb or even a hill on it. Walking on it is fine, no problem at all. Go up or down the stairs or do knee extensions from sitting, the knee cap binds across the prosthetic. I am going to have to talk to him about a plan or something. If need be I am willing to go to a full revision, but only if it fixes this once and for all. LOL, wonder if just putting a fake knee cap in would do the same by removing the source of the pain all together. other option is a much bigger button on the back of the knee cap that might get it off the prostetic. Just ideas floating around in my head. If anyone has any recommendations, let me know.
 
Good luck, he should have some answer for you about your knee cap, or know where to send you. I am sure you are not the first person with this challenge.
 
That's scary, hopefully he doesn't get this result often.
Aquick review of what was done for my revision:
1. taller spacer
2. lateral release on the right side to hopefully re center the knee cap
3. Some slight removal on the right side of the knee cap to help see if it made the difference

Action 2 & 3 came curtoisy of the patella catching issue I had when the knee was very loose.
 
@wberry - have you had a second opinion about your knee? I would be reluctant to let the same surgeon have another go at my knee - he's had a couple of chances and got it wrong.
Let someone else have a look at your knee - someone who is skilled at doing revisions and who has no association, professional or social, with your current surgeon.
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom