United States
hi and thanks for checking up, but how are you doing? I'm bushed today, another 3 hrs of rehab, and I feel as if I have been run over by a train! Although I can walk without my cane now I need to make sure that form is good! I'm looking forward to a holiday tomorrow! I was shown today that I can sleep on my operated side and even on my tummy so I cannot wait to go to bed!

United States
United States
I gingerly after speaking in several tongues, felt my groin to see if all was still in place, and submissively slinked back onto my back and stayed there like a good girl! The next day at therapy was pure hell! Every gap I found I iced myself and gave 'being frigid' a whole new meaning!
thank goodness my muscle seemed to have calmed down and I'm back on track!
this was the best thing I've done for myself in ages! I love my hip and my surgeon! My scar is only about 4 inches long and no staples!
minimal swelling, as you can gather its going really very well. How are you girls doing?
United States
I run through my 20-minute repertoire 3 times a day if I'm good, as today. NOT stronger every time necessarily. But on the whole I begin every day stronger than I began the last. I got to take the dressing off yesterday so I'm bare to the breezes except for a long piece of clear tape running down it. It is not sore or anything, and my undies just clear it. My leg is still fairly swollen, and the bruising, oh MY! mr ZF looked for arnica cream, the Rite Aid was out, and he didn't think to go to the Walgreens across the street. So I guess I'll just brazen it out, all purple and green all the way down my calf too ICK!
United States
y'all make me laugh! I am very fortunate, I seem to heal really fast and have loads of energy! Just to explain my rehab, I was discharged from hospital on my second day. My wound looks realy good, never any seeping and no bandage on day 7! On the fourth day I started a 7 day outpatient rehab process at bryn mawr rehab hospital,, a van picks me up at home and drops me again at 2 pm after lunch. I took this option as my hubby had to go to Germany for a business trip. At the centre we have our vitals checked by a nurse and start rehab 10-12:00. Lunch 12:30 to 13:00 and rehab 13:00-14:00 and then back home again. It has been an excellent choice and can only recommend this to everybody having joint replacement! I will start a twice a week program with one hour sessions next week and hopefully we will move towards resistance exercises and some cardio! I did a 15min stationary bike ride today and it was awesome! Sweating and smiling from ear to ear!
Btw, I've never had a nurse or an health care official come to my house
I also only wore those nasty stockings one night in hospital!
United States
United States
how are my fellow hipsters doing?
United States
United States
I've been extremely lucky and have no bruising below my incision, looking forward to seeing my OS on Tuesday, I want to drive my car! I think my leg is having trouble adapting to the learning of a new stride, I think we all must've been walking with the affected leg stepping outwards and now we have to make that conscious effort of bringing the leg forwards
United States