THR Watch out tennis balls ! Tennisnut has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.
SeaSiren, zauberflöte, my sisters! YAYYYY you sound great! :friends: I got home yesterday after 2 days and it was wonderful having my fabulous lift chair and all my new hippy toys scattered about! The best thing though is to see my dearest hubby trying to take care of me, I sort of have forgotten after 30 years of marriage how sweet vulnerability is in a man. Now, the next hurdle for me is the tummy... I feel like a prune!
Maeve, Jaycey, Littlejem, beckylou Songlady, bottomshollow, sharonslp, Allycat, BarbaraR, Kim22, Songlady, ByGosh, Elosarabrab, sqwerlie, sandybeach, Liveringer, Peaches wow the wealth of information and experience to draw on. Thanks buddies for stopping by for a kind word or a tip or some advice, it's much appreciated!

My next hurdles are getting used to sleeping on my back,( it feels as if my back is bruised!) and getting my tummy moving the right way!
To everybody who paved the way before me, you're awesome! And to the next ones waiting in line, you're not alone!
:thankyou:
 
Dearest Peaches, I'm sorry I was so tardy in popping in, but got released from hospital yesterday and it was just one roller coaster ride after another trying to get everything done! I really feel pretty good, I am handling the stairs in my house just fine, my commode works real well in the shower :), my outpatient therapy starts tomorrow for 7 days. Besides my tummy not moving yet I am only noticing that I tend to turn my foot outwards when walking, so I'm trying to make a point of focusing on my steps as I go about. My cement leg is getting better, it's quite amazing how fast the body recover isn't it? It's dreary outside so I try make a loop downstairs around my house and then settle back into my favorite chair, lucky for me Roland Garos (the French open) starts soon - so I'll not get bored! :loll: how are you doing?
 
Sally, if the usual measures aren't working for you, then pass Go and go directly to Ducolax or something similar. I waited 6 days, which was about two days too long! Definitely give the high-fiber AND lots of liquids a try first, but don't get to where it's all you can think about.

Sharon
 
Yowza... home after 2 days!!! Fab news TennisNut. I'm heading out this afternoon. I dont think ill be able to write much ... loopy w/happy meds:loll:
 
SeaSiren, hey sis! You had bilaterals.. I am in awe of you, don't know how you did it, all the best for the journey home! :sleep:
 
TennisNut I'm glad you're doing well, getting around the house, and having the hubby do the nurturing part. Keep iced and rest and don't let the pain sneak up on you. Miralax works well if you need an extra "boost".
Good luck with the healing and keep on posting. Take care.
You'll love watching the French Open! Did you time your surgery so that your recovery coincided with it???!:)
 
sandybeach thanks for the tip, I'll try that tonite, I used the hospital contraption thingy they used to squeeze the legs, but it was not very comfy so I ended up trying heel slides throughout the nite, :yikes: to try to shift the pain ....
 
sandybeach actually thinking about it now, I'm a tummy sleeper, so if I could find a way to turn onto my tummy without breaking hip precautions I should be ok.... It's that in the dead of sleep time when you move without thinking HIP!
 
TennisNut tummy sleeping! I haven't been able to do that for 30 years b/c o my neck doesn't go that way, and my neck PT told me never to sleep on my stomach again-- that was causing half my problems! But here's where that dear dear man who was lucky enough to catch you come in. If you lie down on the bed on your back or side, pillow in the position, then get him to roll you over? Would that work or am I imagining it all bass ackwards?
 
Hi TennisNut - I'll join ByGosh and sharonslp in saying, being assertive in taking miralax or whatever. I take Metamucil every day anyway, and it got me working good.
And - pillows! I am still sleeping with a good big pillow under my legs. It took a bit of adjusting to position it just right so my heels didn't hurt, but I've got that skill down pat now (is it marketable....? hmmm)
Hope you're doing well!
 
zauberflöte uhmmmm yep that coud work but unlike you I have restrictions, I would love to sleep on my side but I know I'll roll over to my tums, actually hubby said I'm so quiet in bed, he got used to the little elephant that had to propel herself upwards, twirl and then flop down! Oh Lordy, it was impossible for me to make any small adjustments, I would flop onto the car seat and flop into bed,.....now I might learn how to make those tiny adjustments gracefully with my new hip! :yahoo:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom