The best thing I took to wear at the hospital was a pair of flannel shorts (part of a pj set). They were warm enough (Feb surgery) but out of the way for the sequentials (mechanical pump stockings to prevent clots) and definitely a modesty help. It was easy to let everyone check my incision and it kept the ice pack from being directly on my skin. I just wore the beautiful designer hospital gown over my underwear and shorts and PT put another gown on me backwards as CricketHip described. I unfortunately had the IV until like 10 minutes before I rolled out the door home but it was only hooked up that first night and after that, only when they gave me the antibiotics that first 24 hours. My feet had matching designer socks with anti-skids on them to keep warm. Lol. So simple is best because the hospital will have you covered (great pun!) but be comfortable as well. I remember only bringing underwear, flannel shorts, maybe a t-shirt (which I never wore) and a “going home” fleece outfit and socks. I set up my bedside table with all the necessities like brush (for bed head), chap stick, earphones, etc. It looked like a cross between a mini bathroom counter and an office. It worked for me and I didn’t have to wait for someone to answer the call light to get something for me. Make yourself at home even if you’re only staying a short time. It’s one comfort you can do for yourself.
Pat
United States

I really appreciate the suggestion. 
Big meanies. 
, so I was glad I was prepared. Good luck - you are getting so close! 

You've had such a long wait and it is finally Show Time!
