THR Very Scared

Thank you SurreyGirl and Deni444. The support I have received so far has been very encouraging. I know that I'm going to have to have this done. I'm sick and tired of feeling disabled. I was so pyhsically strong and athletic just two years ago and here I am feeling so weak. Interestingly enough, I met a woman at the airport this morning who was limping really bad. I struck up a conversation with her and she told me she needs a new knee, but she has resisted the operation as she said she has heard alot of horror stories.
 
I think we know it's time when not getting it done is the 'horror' story. The warning on my daily medication I now need to keep me moving reads a bit like a horror story too. I'm determined not to read any of the horror stories between now and surgery. Instead, I like to read about what everyone is getting up to six months post op. I get so envious that it keeps me focused on how my life can be so much better. I'm really looking forward to enjoying my garden again and getting out and about. All sorts of things. You could be strong and active again too before you know it. Now that's a picture to embrace.
 
:goodpost:@Deni444 Especially the quote below.

It is encouraging to follow those in early recovery and see how quickly they're feeling so much better!
Scheduling surgery is the first big step on your way back to happy, healthy and pain free! :happydance:
I'm determined not to read any of the horror stories between now and surgery. Instead, I like to read about what everyone is getting up to six months post op. I get so envious that it keeps me focused on how my life can be so much better.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom