TKR Very challenging Left TKR

Hi Jamie,
I agree 100% with everything you said. I am going to wait a month and get a new x-ray, especially since I have been trying this Kinesio tape and it seems to be helping. If it is still a problem I am going to pressure the Dr on the issue and if he does not respond I will seek a new Dr and get a second opinion. Heck, I might get a second opinion now... Not sure if waiting is a good idea. I was pretty surprised when he was so nonchalant about it. Dam, it really irritates things when it is not working correctly.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Please try to remember that you are less than 2 months out from this very major surgery. Waiting to see if you can impact the tracking with the tape and therapy is a good plan. Just take things easy in the meantime. Remember that complete healing can be up to a year or more. It's possible you were feeling so good early in this process that you may have overdone things a bit. That can slow recovery down. Sometimes being patient is the hardest part of knee replacement recovery. Hang in there!!
 
My left knee was replaced in 2019, as soon as I was up and mobile I heard the click, I worried non stop about it, even blamed the surgeon for ill fitting the knee, but from BoneSmart I learned that this was a normal occurrence and many, many folk experience the same. Fast forward 2 years its still present, a gentle reminder that I have an implant, it doesn't hurt, nor impede by day to day life, mostly my brain has learned to ignore it. Hopefully one day it will wear out and cease to click. I'm hoping that after tomorrow I don't have 2 clicky knees, but if so I am not going to stress about it x
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom