Upstairs living after Bilateral TKR's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Cathleen....best wishes for your surgery.. the two weeks that your husband is with you will be very helpful....The descent, for me,was a little more difficult but very doable by the end of week two post op...I would suggest you practice a few each day while your husband is there and you will find it gets easier ...doing as much to strengthen your legs before will help you as it did for me.....

Vincent
 
We all felt a wide variety of emotions--from nerves to excitement to doubt to joy---and everything in between.

I can tell you this, very honestly---I am better now, and in better shape now, than I was three years prior to my BTKR seven years ago.
Thats exactly how I'm feeling..I as also have have a good 8 steps to get in ~ out of my home. And When its all said and done. At the very least I won't hate steps anymore!![emoji50]
 
Do not be afraid of getting in and out of the home with the steps after your BTKR. You will be able to do them, just slowly and carefully.

Later on, though, you will be scooting up and down the steps not thinking about the knees at all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom