Guest viewing is limited

TKR Update

Sadly I returned the lounge doctor. It was huge.
 
Elevating is uncomfortable if you are keeping your leg totally straight. It’s ok to have a slight bend in the knee. And right now your leg is just really upset anyway. I had trouble elevating on the foam wedge my surgeon approved. The hospital sent it home with me.

Too bad you returned your lounge Dr, you probably would like it in time.

Here’s some info on elevating:
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/elevation-the-dos-and-donts.7602/
 
@julieskan I’m sorry that the lounge dr didn’t work for you. I have one and have been using it with icing almost constantly. It takes some adjustment to get it right - too far away and it stretches my hamstrings and too close my feet aren’t supported. I slept with it last night and for naps today as well and it really makes a difference for me. You might want to try the 3 pillow technique in the article that Jockette mentions. Perhaps that will be a better fit for you.
 
Before my last surgery I purchased a Lounge Dr. For me (we're all very different) it's been wonderful. I've done the pillows - but never with consistent success. I wonder why your dr thought it was to high?

Anyway you really need to find a way to consistently elevate the knee - that helps more than anyone really gives it credit. Best of luck.
 
Took my first shower today, washed my hair, clean sheets, PTed. Icing in bed, I feel so much better
 
Bought lounge doctor surgeon said it was a no no, too high.
Did he say why? We recommend elevating toes above your nose for the best swelling reduction. I never had a problem with it. I also had the Lounge Doctor and loved it. I used it night and day the whole time I was down.
 
Don’t you just feel like the best person in the world after you get a shower and a shampoo and like you said crawling in the clean sheets you feel like you’re in heaven. Rest and take it easy sleep as much as you need to ice as much as you can stay on top of the pain meds you’ll be good
 
@julieskan I’m so envious of your shower and clean hair. I’m 3 days behind you, so I think that I’ll need to wait a bit more. Glad you’re experiencing something positive.
 
I had the nerve pump and tubes etc removed yesterday. Left lots of gummy adhesive suck to the skin from the taping. It's so itchy and irritated, I can't see how to clean it off short of letting it wear off. Does anyone have a clever trick for me? BTW there was no significant pain increase with it's removal, pleased to report.
 
Everytime I'm able to ditch some of the surgical leftovers I feel more like myself. Getting there!
 
I had the nerve pump and tubes etc removed yesterday. Left lots of gummy adhesive suck to the skin from the taping. It's so itchy and irritated, I can't see how to clean it off short of letting it wear off. Does anyone have a clever trick for me? BTW there was no significant pain increase with it's removal, pleased to report.
Baby oil will help get the glue off
 
First debilitating problem opiod constipation. I've been proactive - prunes, prune juice, more recently 3 days of miralax now today Dulcalax suppositories with no result. Feeling so uncomfortable and not sure what the next move should be. I'd use another suppository but it says one per day and I don't want to make things worse. Can anyone advise, it's painful and just not sure when or if it's going to resolve itself.
 
and 4 stool softeners daily. Just not sure what else could have done.
 
Try to relax, being stressed about this will not help. I think you’re doing all you can for it. Maybe try drinking more water.

Maybe call your doctor tomorrow and ask for help in this area.
 
I sure you can get things moving. Be sure call your doctor if you don't have any results by tomorrow. You don't want to become impacted.
 
Husband bought an enema kit. I was at my wit's end, unsure if it would work being that nothing else had. But it did. I feel about a zillion times better. Puts me off my oxy big time.
 
Husband bought an enema kit. I was at my wit's end, unsure if it would work being that nothing else had. But it did. I feel about a zillion times better. Puts me off my oxy big time.
I was like you. In spite of doing all the right things, I had to send my husband on an emergency rune to the Urgent Pharmacy, to buy a do-it-myself mini enema. That worked! Much relief! The poop fairy was a welcome visitor.

After that, I got a prescription from my doctor for an aperient, which I took faithfully every day I was taking heavy-duty pain killers.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom