TKR Update

Thank goodness you’re alive :wink: and kicking is good too!
All kidding aside…it’s wonderful to get back to “normal” again, without the pain!
Just think how much better you’ll be feeling as the New Year progresses! :happydance:
Happy Sunday!
@DOCCUKE
 
With being back to work, you should be able to cut out PT. You are getting it just getting ready for work, getting there, working, then coming back home and doing the things you do before going to bed and starting over the very next day.
 
I do still have difficulty standing on just my right foot& getting out of a chair without pushing with my arms
This is not unusual at your early stage of recovery. Don’t worry about it, it will improve as you heal.
 
Your muscles are likely weak and there may still be some swelling. Residual pain / stiffness may be making it difficult to stand on your right foot. At this point, your body is still adjusting to the prosthetic. Talk to your PT about strengthening exercises which will also help make it easier to get out of a chair without relying on your arms for support. When you feel more confident, consider practicing with a taller chair, if you have one, like bar height or counter height I'm sure you'll see gradual improvement and eventually full function. You're still pretty early into your recovery. Have a great Sunday and week!
@DOCCUKE
 
They are treating the muscles that sre are probably sstrophiedi sI am. Also taking blboc-157 which is an amino acid that goes directly to muscles & tendonst. It is considered a pef so I guess so can't compete in the UFC this year!! Lol
 
:wave:Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I hope you've been behaving over the past two weeks since we last heard from you.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend! :)
@DOCCUKE
 
I do all my PT even though it is painful as I heard enough horror stories of folks getting a TKR and not doing PT ending up way worse off then they were pre op.

I think that if you still have to work for a living, which I do, and you can walk without a cane you are better to just deal with what you have. That is definitely how I feel about my right knee. If I can still walk, I am keeping it
I think part of your problem is believing those horror stories. My Dr said I would hate him for three months and he was about right. I had TKR on April 24, 2024 and the pain was so excruciating I told my wife it was the biggest mistake I ever made having it done. But OS was right at 3 months the pain was still there but rapidly decreasing. Entering 9 months PO now I do not even think of my knee there is no pain at all, just a touch of tightness which is getting better day by day. As far as PT I will not even do PT on the next knee. It is not necessary. Most of the time they try to force you into a pain zone which in reality makes healing worse as it just causes swelling. I would have hated going to work in a month or six weeks but I understand if it is necessary. I believe you will come here in another two or three months and tell us you are happy you had your knee fixed.
 
I do all my PT even though it is painful as I heard enough horror stories of folks getting a TKR and not doing PT ending up way worse off then they were pre op.

I think that if you still have to work for a living, which I do, and you can walk without a cane you are better to just deal with what you have. That is definitely how I feel about my right knee. If I can still walk, I am keeping it
I believe you will come here in another two or three months and tell us you are happy you had your knee fixed.
I should have paid attention to the dates I think your first tkr is the one you were saying not again?
 
Came across your thread @DOCCUKE I started reading your thread from the beginning and it sounded so awful for you first time round and it made me feel so sad, bring a bit tired (I’m 10 days post RTKR) I couldn’t read all of it but I noticed there was a recent update so I looked at that. Your story is fantastic to read. It’s such a turn around as you described like night and day.

But what I really love is your coming on here back in 2019 setting out your journey and clearly a bit lost with it all and you had no idea where you’d landed!! You found yourself in this lovely strong nest with people surrounding and supporting you being firm when they needed to be, but above all,supportive and knowledgeable. You’ve been cushioned along on your journey and landed with a smile on your face.
Thank God for BoneSmart ❤️

Keep up the fantastic work guys and good luck @DOCCUKE with the rest of your recovery.
 
Thanks, had a minor setback, we have 2 dogs Daisy the 8:,,year old put. & Doc thrc24:year old Boston terrier mix. Unfortunately we will soon be putting them both down Daisy has cancer in her mammory glands getting worse & worse she also hurt her back jumping off our bed & now had trouble walking my wife lost her mom a few weeks before Christmas& could not deal with the added sorrow of losing our diggs, doc the btvhad heart trouble is blind z,g& deaf. Also had dementia he got loose last weekend and I was trying to chase him down on icwhile I have lost weight Ian still 300 pounds & 6'4"& snowing am not exactly a sprinter even when 100% healthy so you can imagine not so great given that while my tkr recovery is doing great it was a tall order to catch him. I did catch him but only after falling from the ice landing on both knees full weight!! Still pretty sore but n permanent damage. Slowed down nycrehab a bit lil doc is constantly confused& walking into wallsI have put off his end but cannot much longer Daisy's tumor looks like a cratershe is having more mobility issues also aLlot going onon. Also 3'datsxago our 25:,year old granddaughter attempted suicide. She is ok in recovery . She has been relentlessly bullied in school and she became overwhelmed y'all are my therapy if you hadn't figured that out!!here's to a new year!! Hopefully happy & healthy for us all am going back to pt @'8AM tomorrow morning. Did 30 minutes on my recumbent twice today gotta wake those quads up
Peace
Doc
ps sorry about all the typos should have done this on the PC instead of the phone
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom