Guest viewing is limited

TKR Update

11 weeks. I still regret everyday. I wish this pain would subside. That I could be less conscious of my knee. I yotally understand what you are saying. I just hope and pray it does lessen, thst it becomes a misnomer by summer. Hang in there. You aren't alone. This has been a horrible experience. Wish I knew then what I know now. Good luck...I wish you the best.
 
11 weeks. I still regret everyday.

At 11 weeks you aren't even 1/4 of the way through this normally a year long surgery. I wasn't happy with my replacement until about 6 months down the road. Time is what your knee needs. It is a long recovery that requires patience. It is a lesson we all had to learn.
 
I cant wait for a day its not first and foremist on my mind!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hola Doccuke! Glad to hear from you. I too have that 'trigger finger' issue with my right hand. It seems to be worse in the winter. I'm a lefty for the most part -- so ignoring it for now. Best to you for swift recovery! keep us posted.
Hopefully the hand surgery will be as simple as they tell me it is
 
...I asked the doctor how long would it be before I could run & do squats with weights & he said "Oh you can never do those things again, you will break the implant!!"

That sounds like a flippant comment. I never ran pre-TKR, and know it is usually not advised as it is 'high impact'. As others have said it is not so much the implant but the skill/ experience of the surgeon. And of course your particular case. My wound area remains very tender and dark four months on. Everyone is different.

Good you are doing a lot of research going forward. Please keep us posted.
 
Doccuke,I have enjoyed reading your posts, makes me sad that you have had such a hard time- so crazy that you have the best ROM and such good flexion almost from the start and have endured so much pain & misery, doesn't seem fair- I am at 13 weeks TKR on my right Knee and getting my left TKR May 14, I probably should have my head examined. I am really praying for a miracle for your pain & suffering moving forward in the future-
 
Well I am a week & a day out from my hand surgery. It was a very quick procedure. Pain wise the worst part, not surprisingly was the novacaine shots, WOW they hurt like a @#&#@ but that was brief.
Hand stayed numb for about 12 hours

As soon a the numbness was gone I could tell that the locking issue was resolved. So now it is just waiting for the incision to heal & gently work my fingers to get full ROM in my fingers back

Still a bit tight & weak but improving daily. I should be good to go in a couple more weeks. Not riding yet but did move a couple motorcycles yesterday and didn't drop them!! :)

PEACE
DOC
 
Congrats on your new, repaired hand! It sounds like it's doing quite well.
 
Just a quick update
Knee still is not great. Trigger finger is cured but now the whole hand hurts all the time & I need laser surgery for glaucoma in my eyes!
Procedure is called Transscleral cyclophotocoagulation with micropulse! Sounds impressive!! Lol

BUT, I am alive & do not have covid!!

Keep on smiling
 
@DOCCUKE Sorry you are still fighting the fight! What is the prognosis for your hand? I'm sure you are still recovering.

From what I hear laser eye procedures are indeed impressive. At least they can treat your glaucoma. Not all forms can be treated.
I am alive & do not have covid!!
:yes!:
 
I have trigger thumbs and fingers. Interesting, aren't they. It has a habit of changing digits, and only one digit at a time! I don't understand it at all. The good news is that it's gone away, except for a rare occasion. When one is really bad, a steroid injection works brilliantly, but I can't have more than one every 3 months. At least I have a good excuse for playing my guitars badly
 
@DOCCUKE Sorry you are still fighting the fight! What is the prognosis for your hand? I'm sure you are still recovering.

Hand apparently is just a matter of pushing through the pain and doing PT. While it does not lock anymore at present I get more pain across the entire hand then I did pre surgery. I am beginning to believe that my body just does NOT like surgery!! LOL

From what I hear laser eye procedures are indeed impressive. At least they can treat your glaucoma. Not all forms can be treated.
This procedure, if it works will reduce the amount of fluid my eye creates which should lower my IOP pressure. If it works I will probably have to get it done once a year!!

I am alive & do not have covid!!

At least there is that!! :)
:yes!:
 
I have trigger thumbs and fingers. Interesting, aren't they. It has a habit of changing digits, and only one digit at a time! I don't understand it at all. The good news is that it's gone away, except for a rare occasion. When one is really bad, a steroid injection works brilliantly, but I can't have more than one every 3 months. At least I have a good excuse for playing my guitars badly
And honestly you really do not want anymore cortisone in your body than is absolutely necessary!

It helped with my left hand but did not help at all in my right. Surgery resolved the triggerfinger issue but now across my entire palm and my middle finger always hurts ALLOT. Especially during PT

I used to use a hand gripper that took 300 pounds of force to close it. Can't crush that anymore. Hopefully eventually I can do that again
 
I have not been on for a while. Still regret ever having this procedure done. I seem to be losing ground pain wise, it is increasing again. I may have to go for a second opinion!! I really do not want to as the time out this will entail may well end up leaving me unemployed and unemployable!!

Between the increasing pain there and in the last month and a half suddenly losing 2 25 plus year friends to sudden heart attacks I am not feeling particularly cheerful!!

Hope you are all well

PEACE

DOC
 
I’m so sorry for all you’ve been through, both with your knee and with your friends. This has been such a difficult year. I personally know 12 people who have died since April (ages from 67-90+)

It would be a good idea if you got a second opinion, someone in a bigger area who has lots of experience with revisions. Not a fun prospect, but you can’t continue on with your knee the way it is.
 
I haven't been on here in a while. To update, not much change. Still the worst thing I ever did was getting this TKR. Pain is still worse the before surgery. Then to make it even better, 3 weeks ago I went out to walk my dog & stepped on ice on the top step!! Slipped & fell full weight on the replacement knee!!

Still pretty bad. Having a tough time walking. Dr put me in a knee brace that would not allow me to bend. He wanted me to use it 3 weeks. Dumped it after 1 week as it was making it worse. Only good news was according to him the implant was not damaged. He said I tore a ligament!

24/7 pain wears ya down, or it at least wears me down!!

Anyway, Happy New year y'all

Hope everyone is pain free!!
Peace
DOC
 
Good to hear from you, though I’m sorry the news isn’t better. I was actually thinking about you recently and wondered how things were going. I’m so sorry you fell, that was the last thing you needed.

I am absolutely terrified of falling outside in icy weather. As you know, my knee isn’t great, and I’m avoiding going out at all, at the hint of anything slippery out there, so that I don’t have an injury that will put me into surgery. I do have the luxury of staying in, as I don’t have any pets that have to go outside.
 

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom