Upcoming Revision (October 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its now real...I just got the date for the revision (surgery), October 7th, 2015. I guess no more hiding from this, I will have to face it head on!
 
Good luck your in my thoughts and prayers xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Sorry you're dealing with this, but you probably just want this done and to put it behind you. Good luck to you....


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
I'm curious...did you get the horizontal incision question cleared up?
 
Glad to hear you have a date, your have been living with this for too long. You kids are going to enjoy having a Mom who is more active after all is said and done.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Pumpkln ...ty!

Yeah it has been long enough and I do really need to get this done and over with! If anything I am more apprehensive than ever, I have not permitted myself to think about this much for the past few weeks but I kinda have to now.
 
I was very nervous as I got closer to my revision, it is normal. You only have to think about it when you have to do things regarding your revision, otherwise find something else to do.
Recovery is about the same.
 
I found that my recovery from the revision was a little easier than from the original surgery.
I think that was because I knew what to do and what not to do the second time around.
 
I'm sure your recovery won't be as hard as your imagination is thinking it will be.

Of course you aren't ready for the revision. Who ever wants to go back again?
But, just try to think of the benefits of a replacement that is better than the one you have now.

I was so fed up with the pain and problems my failed PKR was giving me that I was quite relieved when I got to hospital on operation day.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Celle

I hope not because I have a pretty vivid imagination, lol! I think where I have put this off for so long I have built it up to be be probably much worse than it should be! It failed the 1st time so I am very concerned it won't work this time either...! Therein lays my problem with this, I think!
 
Its just two months until the revision, I have found a way to deal with my nerves concerning this, I just rarely talk about it. Burying my head in the sand kinda works for me at the moment so I will go with that! :umm:

@Lovestoread Don't get nervous because other knees are gone wonky after just a couple of years, I have a rpk as well and so far its just fine, its had no issues and works better than my own knee ever did! Hopefully your knee/s will be the same.
 
I have to have a revision of my lpkr to a tkr due to aseptic loosening of the implant...the OS (orthopedic Surgeon) said he will be doing a computer assisted surgery. He also said that he will have to do a cut horizontally to take out the old hardware? I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with this?

Had the PAC (pre admission clinic) today, asked about the horizontal cut, there won't be one, phew! I have to have more blood work because something came up...one more thing to add to the list of why I am so apprehensive!

I got an education today though, nothing like when I the pkrs... When I had those done I just went for blood work and an EKG on my own time, nothing scheduled. This time it was the works, lol!

Soooooooooo, if all can taken care of with the new issue I am having, I will be having the revision in less than 7 weeks!
 
I am still in a holding pattern not knowing whether my revision is going ahead on October 7th or not....something came up in my blood work a month ago, one of the clotting factors was elevated...since then I have been to see a hematologist, that will be three weeks ago tomorrow. I got in to see her really quickly as she said, because I have this surgery coming up soon so she wanted to get an answer for me asap! She was supposed to get back to me no later than last week to let me know whether or not she will give the doctor who is doing my surgery the go ahead (or not).....still I don't know! After many calls to her office, she is never there, she is very busy, which I understand, but I need to know whether to get into "I am having this surgery mode" or not? I work at two jobs in which I need to let my employers know whether or not they need to find replacements (ha ha ha pardon the pun) for a few weeks or not?!?

I am trying very hard to be chill about all this and not worry or anything, however, today the nerves hit me big time, I am even shaking...I need to know what is what! I just want this over and done with!!! I have been putting the knee revision surgery off for 14 months, time to get it over and done with so I can move on with my life.

I had a call from the ortho-intake clinic a couple of days ago concerning going for education on the revision to a tkr...I am not sure its necessary to do this, I had two pkrs 3 years ago, not sure this will be that much different other than a hospital stay (pkrs were done as day surgery). I had none of this when I was going for my pkrs, so its all new to me, but I think it will be more of the same with the pt, medication and all that?

Question for @Josephine
This is the worst time of year for my allergies, pollen and seeds floating everywhere outside, my question is, should I NOT take anything for this with the revision less than two weeks away?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom