TKR Tykey's second knee replacement

@Tykey Wishing you a very Happy Birthday today and hope your "knees" look after you for many more- have a wonderful day :)
Hope your missus makes you a jam roly poly xx
sending hugs xxx
 
HaHa I can relate to that :) my opinion is "we are as young as we feel" I'm still 21 haha
Glad to hear you your having a fun day xxx
 
In my dreams, my body would be 18, too. The sad fact is, in reality, it's not. It's 60 years older than that, with arthritis in most joints and a poor sense of balance.

Getting old isn't for sissies, but it's still good to be alive. As my own doctor says, "Getting old is great - it's just the side effects that suck."
 
Many happy returns of the day! I'm glad it was lovely.
 
Today I've been out fundraising for Guide Dogs for the Blind.
It involved standing on my feet for 2 1/2 hours, and by the end, my knee was stiff and a bit sore.
But my 10 year old one was just the same!!
So that proves I'm mended,
I think.
But theoretically my old one could be getting worse☹️☹️
Or not!

PS Sara, I'm not analysing
 
Proud of you and a excellent cause.
Personally I think any knees being old or new would ache after standing for 2+ hours.
Saw this today and thought of you haha ( hopefully it doesn't get removed)
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Tykey's second knee replacement
    FB_IMG_1575578724069.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 268
  • [Bonesmart.org] Tykey's second knee replacement
    FB_IMG_1575578869445.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 269
A latest update. Now something like 14 weeks into recovery, and progress is as predicted if we stick to the Bonesmart way.
I've just consistently avoided any aggravation to the knee, it's still never even been touched by a physio, and never will. I've just got on with life's activities, doing more and more as the weeks go by. Being a man I do too much from time to time and the knee stiffens up a bit, which I ignore and it comes right again.
No idea what my ROM is, and I still don't give a monkeys about the figure, but it's now just as good as my other 10 year old knee, I'd estimate them to be 135 Deg, and I'm certain there's more to come.
Its still a bit swollen, and I'm confident it will probably be next summer before the swelling will have gone for good.
So the message for new members just starting this journey continues to be

Take the painkillers until not needed
Ditto with the icing
If a PT touches you, punch him/her on the nose (metaphorically speaking)
Get on with normal things in life, it'll all come right if you are patient
Be confident in yourself, smile and keep your chins up, in a few days it will be far better.

Mrs Tykey is nagging me to do more ironing!!

Here endeth today's lesson.
 
I forgot to list the few things I still can't do:

Running
Walking as far as I'd like, but a bit of dry weather would help.
Limbo dancing.
Gymnastics

I'm confident I'll never ever do three of these, but at 72, I don't think I would have done them even with my original knees
 
YEA :yes!: I have been missing your posts they made excellent night time reading and helped
pass the wee hours.
Glad to hear all is going well for you, with time you will be a "sprightly chicken" with no stopping you, I'm sure if you really put your mind to it you could do the limbo dance :rotfl:
Running was never my forte so it's not something I would miss.
Like you wishing for warmer drier weather we have rain forecasted for the whole Xmas period in the North. Kinda regretting not staying in the South as glorious sunshine but it's been years since we have spent Christmas with Carlos's side of the family.
Keep us updated from time to time.
Wishing you & your Missus a :merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
 
Just to wish you and your Missus a very :merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon: I do hope this message finds you both in good health and your knees are behaving.
We are now settled in the North currently sitting with candlelight as a huge storm has knocked down all the power cables :-)
Mrs. Knee behaving extremely well considering the weather non stop rain /wind /damp since we've been here, still the usual night stiffness but can honestly say like you during the day time I don't really give it too much thought.
Wishing you a great 2020 and good health :happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon:
Hugs Sarahxx
 
Hi Sarah, Thankyou for your lovely message, and I certainly return them to you and yours.
I've really enjoyed sharing our journey, it's been remarkable how similar they have been, except I didn't analyse what's going on, although that's probably due to having been through it all 10 years ago.
My knee is slowly and surely improving, all due to the BS approach.
We are trying to get in the seasonal spirit, even the dogs have been decorated, when we go out in the dark, they look like two manic Xmas trees with flashing lights☀️
The candlight seems very romantic ❤️
We hope you have a lovely holiday, with lots of local delicacies.
 
:plugging-in-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon: :merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:

Wishing you and yours a blessed and Lovely Christmas.

I enjoy your postings @Tykey.... And your no nonsense approach. I've had a few set backs from way overdoing the season...but I continue to move forward. PT helps me if there is any issue and gives BS advice about resting after overdoing it....but that crazy goniometer thingy never comes out, which is why I love my PT.

Moving forward, albeit slowly!
 
And the same to you, Macknit. When we start recovery, we see real improvements every two or three days, later on, it's every 2 or 3 weeks. We just need patience, and in my case, I hope Mrs Tykey has bought me a bucket of energy for Xmas
 
In the early days of recovery, I passed many wakeful hours surfing YouTube.
I came across Judge Judy and Dr Phil. To be honest I spent most of my time shouting disparaging regards at Dr Phil's wife

We have many new pals on here saying something along the lines of "I've just had my TKR and my physio is hurting me, I'm doing mountains of tough exercises. Why am I in pain and unable to bend my knee?

What would Judy and Phil say? I reckon:-

Judy: if it doesn't make sense, it isn't true

Phil: your technique? How's it doing for you.?
 
@Tykey LOL :rotfl:Dr' Phil's wife deserves disparaging!!

And I too want the energy! I'm almost ready for all of my 6 kiddos 3 spouses and 4 grandchildren to be here on Wednesday!!

I lean toward Dr Phil and say it to a few clients I still have ..."and how's that working for you?"
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom