TKR Tykey's second knee replacement

10 years and still going strong! Yay, that's what we like to hear!
 
A blue riband day today

Been for the daily dog walkies, got home and realised I had never noticed I had a new knee only 7 or 8 weeks ago. Its suddenly decided to loosen up substantially and the residual swelling is going quite quickly.

Today, I'm a happy chappie

But as we Bonesmarties know, tomorrow is another day
 
Last edited:
According to some docs, tomorrow it will collapse and fail, because they only last 10 years, you know

Never! BTW, they are saying they last 20-30 years now. I'll take that over 10 years any day!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Tykey's second knee replacement
 
Sorry if that photo puts you off your breakfast. The fat leg on the left is 10 years and 1 day old, and you can just make out a white scar line.
The one on the right is almost 8 weeks and has healed beautifully
 
@Tykey today is my 8 week anniversary, I'm walking well and having some great progress, but I haven't had that "I forgot I had a new knee 8 weeks ago" moment yet!? I know it will come, at some point....just not yet! Lucky you!!!

My lovely 86 year-old mother is going on 25 years with her 2 knees, of course at 86 she isn't taxing them too much anymore!! She has been very happy with them!

Happy knee anniversary!
 
Very soon, Macknit, you will be the same. I've done a lot of work on getting my gait correct, I think that has a lot to do with it.
I also walk within the limits of my ROM, even if that's a bit slower than I did, for the time being.
 
Fine pair of pegs there :) your scars are hardly noticeable. Infact they appear to be at the side which is good - did you see my photo- the scar is bang right down the middle with a dent in it and not the straightest of incision ( I reckon he had wine with his lunch haha) hopefully this will disappear at some stage and they toobecome invisible.
 
Don't worry, Sara, mine had a dent in the middle as well, but it's gone
It was deep enough that the nurse had to dig around to find the staple which was hiding down there. I must have forgotten to mention that when I was telling you not to worry about having the staples removed Silly me,!!

The first one had a little tear on one side, a bit like Harry Potter's scar, but I can't even find it now.
 
Made it!! 200 miles to Northumberland, with a couple of stops for a stretch. The knee wasn't painful at all while driving, but getting stiffer and stiffer. After a few hours resting it seems to be returning to normal.
Tomorrow is beach walking time with the dogs, including some climbing over the dunes. I'll let you know how it goes.
 
Congratulations, Tykey! That's a long drive and it sounds like your knee is just fine with it. Have fun out on the beaches tomorrow. :)
 
Have a wonderful day on the beach tomorrow whatever the weather.
Happy to hear you made the journey safely.
 
Its now 2.45 am, and sleeping doesn't seem to be on the agenda☹️. Remarkably my knee actually feels great after 3 hours sleep
 
:bored: Lol that makes 2 of us Tykey... I had a busy day social wise here it was a public holiday so we invited friends over for lunch (bbq)as our weather is bizarre it was 26 degrees and still sunny. So I would have thought sleep would be on the agenda...ha ha :yawn:
Maybe for you tomorrow after a good walk on the beach.
Knee not hurting just being uncomfortable ....
 
What a lovely beach, Tykey! And what a nice place to walk. Less than 26F sounds awfully cold, though, especially if the wind was blowing. Hope you were dressed for it and walking briskly.
 
It would have been about 10 deg C, but not a breath of wind. A beautiful day, quite warm for the time of year and as North as this. A few years ago we were up here over Xmas, the beach was covered in snow and the sea frozen.
We are bred pretty hardy over here, there is a saying,
"There is no such thing as bad weather, if it is, you are wearing the wrong clothes!"
The dogs were beside themselves with joy, tumbling over each other.
 
It would have been about 10 deg C, but not a breath of wind. A beautiful day, quite warm for the time of year and as North as this. A few years ago we were up here over Xmas, the beach was covered in snow and the sea frozen.
We are bred pretty hardy over here, there is a saying,
"There is no such thing as bad weather, if it is, you are wearing the wrong clothes!"
The dogs were beside themselves with joy, tumbling over each other.
Oh!!! Oops, I thought you all used Fahrenheit over there in England, oh well. Back to school for me. :heehee: 10C sounds great. I checked and that is 50F, perfect weather for a nice walk.

So glad the dogs were having such fun. My guess is that you were having even more fun than they were! It's so nice to be able to go places and do things, after going through TKR recovery.
 
What a lovely beach and it's hardly anybody on it. You won't find that around here! Our beaches here in Virginia are always full of people. You can barely move in the summertime. I stay away.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom