Guest viewing is limited

THR Two weeks post-op

With my first THR I found it took quite a few months to stop that ‘start up pain’ that went after a few steps... this time round I haven’t had it ... yet!!!!
Sounds like an exciting time ahead in your motor home!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thanks for your input, SurreyGirl! I hadn’t thought about the stretches & squeezes prior to standing. Great idea. Will be giving that a try from now on. I admit, in our moving chaos I was not good about icing. I will try to be more diligent about that. I left the heavy painkillers the day after surgery, they make me horribly sick. Tylenol and Advil seem to help for the most part and now that we are done with our move I rarely ever need those.

Wishing you the best in your continued recovery!
 
thank you ! I have to be disciplined to do them prior to standing up from my desk but they really help. Obviously the sitting calf stretches can’t be done in the post op restriction period but they really helped afterwards. It was a fellow bone-smartie they put me on to this so passing it on. The number of butt clenches I do now I am expecting a trim botty by the time summer comes (I WISH!)
 
Hi SurreyGirl - I was diligent about the calf stretches and butt clenches today and what a difference!! So glad you mentioned this tip. It also gave me reassurance that my issue is muscular and I feel much more hopeful that things will improve as expected! Thank you again. Love this forum.
 
Good luck on your recovery! I have heard these stories too but somehow I can't believe them. Each of us heals in our own way. I am at 8 weeks and just started driving. Going back to work in a week for half a day then once a week for 3 more shifts full hours than retiring. Take it easy and trust your own intuition of when to do things. Your body will tell you. This forum has helped me a lot. Welcome!
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope you're doing well since you last posted a month ago.
We'd love to read about your progress. Please share an update next time you're on the forum.
Wishing you all the best :)
@Photogirl
 
Hello, and thanks for checking in on me. I guess my status update would be this: I’m not where I want to be but I’m better than I was. :loll:I’m excited to say that I can now roll over on either side in bed, but can’t stay there for more than 15 or 20 minutes. I expect that will improve. I’m walking (when it isn’t raining) and I’m up to about 1 1/2 miles on my walk, but pushing further each day. I’m working hard to eliminate the “penguin walk” and concentrating on a normal stride. I do still have pain when standing after sitting for a bit and while the first step is better, still not great.
We are now full time in our travel trailer after selling our home and looking forward to a year of travel. I expect each day will get easier and even in a few months the healing will be better and better. One of my goals was to be able to kayak by June. I think I can get into my kayak and sit comfortably but will likely need a little assistance in getting out at least for the next month or so.
Sure have appreciated this forum. It’s been an encouragement to me.
 
Thank you for the update. What an exciting adventure! A year of travel.
Please stop by periodically and tell us how it's going. At only three months post op, with still a lot of healing to happen, I'm sure you'll continually notice improvement. Stay safe, don't be a stranger here and ENJOY!
@Photogirl
 
@Photogirl It sounds like you're doing good! Sometimes that sitting can really be a pain but it sounds much better than your last update. I hope your travels are going well and can't wait to hear some kayaking updates soon too! :kayak:
 
@SE Florida - yup, feeling better and better. Will be in Florida for a couple months this winter. Can’t wait to kayak the beautiful springs in the north end of your state. We’ve done Itchetucknee and Juniper, need to try some new locations. Hope you are doing well.
 
:wave:So glad to see your update.
Lots of improvement to come, so keep the faith.
Great you are on the road and getting back to life.:egypdance:
 
Hi SurreyGirl - I was diligent about the calf stretches and butt clenches today and what a difference!! So glad you mentioned this tip. It also gave me reassurance that my issue is muscular and I feel much more hopeful that things will improve as expected! Thank you again. Love this forum.
So pleased to hear this - hopefully your recovery continues well!

I have a holiday coming up and am looking forward to some gentle kayaking but might need to roll out of it in the water or get help standing up from it. Any tips very useful!
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary! :hi:
Wondering how your recovery is going?
Hopefully all is well and you're enjoying some beautiful weather these days.
Leave an update if you have time. We'd love to hear about your progress.
Enjoy the Summer! :SUNsmile:
@Photogirl
 
Hi all - thanks again for checking up on me, Layla. Truly appreciate it.

So, wow, four months!! And I gotta say, I’m finally starting to feel more “normal”. I can now, for the most part, stand up and simply walk, no hesitation and pain that I experienced before. I have zero pain at rest, such a relief, and on occasion I experience pain after a lot of activity. I can get on my hands and knees on the floor, and just need a small stool or other object to push off from when standing. I am comfortable now turning on either side in bed as well.

We are traveling full time in our travel trailer right now and for the coming year. I’ve been grateful to be able to walk and see the sites again. I’ve been kayaking several times and while getting into the kayak is easy and comfortable, I do need a hand up when standing up from the kayak, especially if we’ve been on the water for a while.

I am SO thankful for my continued positive outcome and for this forum. I got a lot of reassurance from folks here and that was very helpful! Hope others who have commented here are also doing well!
 
Great to hear you are doing so well!:egypdance:
Lots of improvement yet to come @Photogirl
Enjoy your summer:kayak:
 
What wonderful progress you're making. Thanks for sharing.
It sounds like your life is full and exciting and you're handling it all well.
Enjoy your travels over the next year and stay safe.
Stop by once in awhile to say :hi: We love updates!
@Photogirl
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom