Guest viewing is limited

TKR Two New Knees!

@Red's Mom I hope you are feeling no pain and when you do it is managed well. Here's to a smooth recovery. Lucky you! Two new, strong knees. :yes!::spin:
 
Everything is going perfectly as planned pain is well-controlled I've been up walking I'll go home tomorrow!


Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
All I wanted for Christmas was for two new knees my two new knees my two new knees all I wanted for Christmas with my two new knees now I've got them! Everything went great today Right knee installed without any difficulty feeling pretty good I think I'm gonna take a nap now!


Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Super! Remember to plan pain meds around the drive home tomorrow.
 
It's great to hear Santa visited you early and delivered a nice shiny knee. Enjoy your nap. I hope you continue to do well.
 
:sleep::sleep::sleep: Great to hear everything is going well. I was hearing a jolly, happy, drug induced, fun song going on there. :)
 
I'm on the other side now! Had an uneventful RTKR 11/29. I'm so glad I've been reading and open to the experiences of others in this forum. This knee is VERY different than the LTKR I had on 11/1. From the get-go a lot more pain!. Since coming home the pain is much better controlled. I'm taking Norco 10/325 2 pills every 4 hours, Tramadol 50mg every 6 hours, Celebrex 200mg daily! I'm totally committed to ice, elevation and rest. I told the home PT not to even think about coming until Monday!
 
Congratulations on your second new knee, @Red's Mom .

Now this knee is done as well, would you like your thread title changed? If so, just let us know what new title you would like and we'll change it for you.

The recovery reading list is on Page One of your thread. Let me know if you'd like me to post it again for your second knee.

Best wishes.
 
Day 5 Report. Things are going well. Pain has significantly decreased and I'm less "drugged". Up and about with my walker. Was able to turn on my side last night. This knee seems a bit stiffer but also feels stronger. PT will come tomorrow I hope I get the same therapist who was in sync with the BoneSmart way. My L knee is virtually painless and surprisingly strong. Life is good....
 
Celle, we should change the thread to two new knees! This forum has been a Godsend for me. Thank you all for such a great and supportive community.
 
I've changed your thread title for you, @Red's Mom. Congratulations on your second knee!
 
It's so good to hear you're doing better this 2nd time around ~hoping it'll continue that way for you! You know what to do & everyone is here cheering you on! That'd be great to be able to have the same PT that's on the same page as all we learn here! Hope this week will be a really good one for you!
 
I'm coming around the proverbial corner! Feeling better and stronger now!


Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
It's so good to hear you're doing better this 2nd time around ~hoping it'll continue that way for you! You know what to do & everyone is here cheering you on! That'd be great to be able to have the same PT that's on the same page as all we learn here! Hope this week will be a really good one for you!

Thanks for the encouragement!


Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Surprisingly today is my boo hoo day! Even though things are certainly proceeding in a normal way I just feel frustrated, helpless and discouraged. My sweet hubby really hurt my feelings when he commented that I had been "lying in that bed for twelve hours". I haven't stopped bawling since this morning. Thankfully I was warned by you guys that this was inevitable. Now I'm laughing and [emoji24] at the same time! Tomorrow will be better right?


Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
You have had 2 major surgeries in a short period of time. You are bound to have some down days. Your body is trying to tell you to relax. Realize that your husband probably didn't know what to say. You will get better but it can still have a few bumps in the road.
 
My sweet hubby really hurt my feelings when he commented that I had been "lying in that bed for twelve hours". I haven't stopped bawling since this morning.
That'll larn him! :heehee:

Seriously, though, I'm sorry you're having a "down" day. Don't try to stop it, because tears are healing, too.
I'm glad you realised that unstable emotions and the blues are a part of this recovery - and you know that they will come to an end, as you continue to heal.

It's quite right that, with two new knees in a relatively short while, you have been hit with a double whammy. Both your body and your mind have had a lot to deal with.

Keep on resting and pampering yourself. Sometimes tact isn't a husband's strong suit.
We're here to listen, if you want to vent, or need a shoulder to cry on. We understand, because we've been there. :friends:
 
It's inevitable that you're going to get the blues at some point. But I'm sorry the sweet hubby wasn't so sweet today! Hopefully tomorrow will be a little better. :yes:
 
You have had 2 major surgeries in a short period of time. You are bound to have some down days. Your body is trying to tell you to relax. Realize that your husband probably didn't know what to say. You will get better but it can still have a few bumps in the road.

Thankfully, today is a better day! Thanks for the encouragement!


Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom