Guest viewing is limited

TKR Two days forward, one day backwards

Hang in there. Please do let us know your test results!!!
 
I hate to hear you are still having problems with your new knee. Please do keep us updated. I pray it's not an infection, just something minor that can easily be corrected.
 
15 months post op. Am starting to feel a little more optimistic. Hydrotherapy has improved my strength and balance and the pain on bending my knee seems less sharp now. Easier getting in and out of the car and turning in bed now, although still not right and any activity brings on the numbness in my foot. I can now do stairs alternately, albeit slowly, but I can't tell you how good this feels at last. Starting to practise downstairs very slowly and in the warm therapy pool where it is easier. Am trying to walk a mile most days to lose weight but my knee swells signficantly afterwards. Went to operating theatre yesterday and had some fluid taken off to test for low grade infection, waiting for results. Have appointment with Consultant in a month to discuss next steps but I won't be pushing for a revision whilst I'm showing signs of improvement. Bend has reduced to about 105 now due to extra swelling as I'm doing more activity. If I can cut the painkillers right out I will settle for this.
 
So glad to read that you are feeling more optimistic, @alija. You've certainly had a long journey!

Please let us know the results of the fluid testing -- hoping it's not an infection and that you can continue to progress.

Sending hugs. :console2:
 
It will be 3 years, on 1st December 2025, since I had my left TKR. There was no infection and no onward treatment so I joined a health club to continue hydrotherapy in the baby pool at my own pace. The knee became less acutely painful after the fluid was withdrawn but has never settled down completely. It's always uncomfortable when I use it and my foot becomes numb if I use the leg much. Because I was limping and compensating for so long my opposite hip has degenerated quickly and is being replaced on Monday. I am really hoping for a better journey with this one.
 
@alija I’m sorry to hear that your TKR still has issues. I know how that is, my PKR has never been right.

Since you were here last Bonesmart has implemented a new membership program with different rules for posting. You are currently a Basic Member, which enables you to only search the forums, and read about other recoveries, and update this thread regarding your TKR.

If you want a more personal and interactive experience for your upcoming THR, as well as input from the Bonesmart Staff, I hope you will choose one of our subscription options to become a member of the Insiders Club. Here are some links for you to check out:
Membership/Insiders Club
Guidelines for Posting

You can also join the Insiders Club easily by clicking on your username and avatar and then selecting MEMBERSHIP in the drop-down menu.

We are a non-profit organization and the small subscription cost goes toward keeping BoneSmart available for everyone.

Best Wishes! :flwrysmile:
 
Hi alija,
Thanks for stopping by with an update. I am sorry you're not more pleased with the results of your TKR from three years ago.

You have a big day ahead tomorrow and as you know early recovery days can be a mix of challenge and progress with good and not so good days. It will be nice if we're able to stay connected so we can cheer you on through early recovery.

Wishing you comfort and confidence as you head into surgery tomorrow and hope to see you on the Hip Recovery Forum. Please join us!
@alija
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom