Guest viewing is limited

TKR TS’s lopsided recovery'

Nice to see you turning that mental corner. I am only just past 5 weeks out with Righty a not quite where you are. I may run an errand, or go to PT or take my 15 minute walk out doors but my energy level runs low quickly. So for now I live vicariously through my friends here who are quickly adding life activities in and seeing how things go. For me that was the whole point, I didn’t get both knees replaced to spend all my time worried about ROM. I want to golf 18 holes pain free, I want to walk the trails in the woods near me, I want to live like a normal person instead of being held captive by chronic knee pain. You are currently doing That. Yes you may over do it but you have the tools to address that and can adjust accordingly.
Great to have you back my friend.
 
Thanks @Larryhg3
I’m not as hung up on the numbers as much as functional now. Would love more easy movement as still feel like I’m “pirate walking” but know this will take some time. As long as I can stand and walk well by end of June 2019 for a major event I have I’m good. My photography? I need some good range for those awkward positions to get the right shot angles.

@flsungirl i went a bit hard yesterday and wow is it tightened back up to almost no flex/extend today but lord it felt good being human!! Lol
 
Girl! My knee is tight from working! I didn’t think it would be this stiff but I know I really pushed too hard. I put my semi recumbent bike together today and I can pedal around but it’s awkward. So I’ll be rocking back and forth until it’s comfortable to pedal around. Tried to flex and my knee said...no! Hahahah. I know it’s temporary and can’t wait till I don’t feel righty acting up!

I know lefty has to be done too. But that’s next year! This is still too fresh in my memory to do it again so soon. :flabber::bawl::flabber:

Photography is amazing! I’m sure you will be fine by June. No worries :eyebrows:

Melanie
 
@flsungirl you always know what to say to make anyone feel better! Lol :console2:

I live for my photography and been blessed the doors it’s opened and vip’s I’ve met with it. Always joke my camera was like a skeleton key.
Hate that my Instagram got converted to surgery updates. Lol
 
Here is today’s stretches. So hard to tell if you are getting anywhere when you can’t feel how bent it is due to the massive swelling and damage to the proprioceptors. Thankfully hubby was home to snap this for me.
Pt calls me in the 70-80 range.

Now time for :ice: and some college football!!


[Bonesmart.org] TS’s lopsided recovery'
 
I used my gait belt and put it on my foot while standing. Then pull my leg behind me gently till I feel a stretch. I get more bend compared to laying on the bed and bending it towards me. After work this week I’ve done absolutely nothing but ice and elevation!

You’re bend looks good! I suspect you’ll see steady improvements as the weeks pass. I doubt I’ll ever be much more than 90-102. And I’m good with that. I’m thankful for the abcence of that pain in my knee. My recovery is about function and anything else I get is just a bonus :running:so not looking to doing the left one. But it’s got to be done...next year :climb:

Melanie
 
I am so happy I read your post from the beginning. I feel the same way you do with the frustration and OS being obnoxious about ROM. I felt I was doing well last week, then took a few steps backward. Going to back off stretching and focus on walking. Hope things are brighter for you. Wishing you peace and a good night sleep
 
:happydance:
Opening with a happy dance after all of my therapy appts always a good sign.

So way more active this weekend than I have been in a while. Shopping, cooking, walking, long hot shower without needing help in/out, just general normal life. Used cane not crutches around the house- crutches still outside due to hip and tripping issues. Did my stretches and elevated a bit higher and longer to counteract my ODIC membership and iced and heated as needed. Felt soooo good.

Was dreading pt today expecting the tightness to earn me a lecture and having to pass on some things as not up to it. BUT-

Best pt since I started going. Reached some new measurements. Did a few movements I couldn’t before. No pain just stretchy feelings and now 2hrs after and not much swelling yet (expecting that soon but normally by now it’s pretty big already)

Gait therapist says I’m finally not turning my foot in and using proper heel/toe for majority of our time today. :walking:

Rmt said the hamstrings are looser and longer and the patella is actually sliding proper now and not catching on scar tissue. ITB still a mess and hip is using a lot of bad words but that was pretty messed up to start so.......

Thinking I’m finally seeing the benefits of all this work. Now hoping OS agrees on Thursday at my appt and doesn’t think we need to adjust my hip or take out more old adhesions!! :beg:
 
That's a great report from your latest PT session, Tracey! So good to hear! :yes!: :yay:
 
:happydance:
So had my appt with the OS today to see if there has been any change in the 2wks since starting Celebrex.
When he walked in he shook hands with hubby, turned to talk to me and stopped cold and started smiling...

I was sitting on the edge of the exam bed with my legs hanging over at about 85-90 and casually swinging the TKR and bouncing my cane off my foot!!
:yahoo:
He just pointed to it and then high fived me and said “so that answers my first question!”

He said the 5 extension was also acceptable. And the fact I can walk with a cane made him happy. He checked my hip and the femur is starting to rotate to the correct angle now too.
Soooo all talk of mua is done with and he is holding me off work 2-3 more mnths as he thinks I’m about 6wks behind the timeline he expected and he wants me to have a fair chance at recovery before work gets a hold of me.
:egypdance:

Now I can just focus on me and stop worrying about all the silly stuff!!
:walking::swim::biking:Here I come
 
@traceys what fantastic news:spin:

Yr doc is sooooo right about about work can interfere with progress. ....it creates less time to focus on the knee.

Onwards and upwards....you'll be amazed and your weekly accomplishments.....and you'll be in a while new league in another 4weeks :yay:
 
That is an awesome report. I am so very glad to hear how well you are doing. I never doubted that you would get the result you are looking for.
 
Back
Top Bottom