TKR TS’s lopsided recovery'

CELEBRATION!!!:happydance:

I did it!! A full revolution on the recumbent! 3x. Forward!
:upright:
(I have been praying to use that little guy one day)

From the moment I woke up my knee was so less swollen, bendy and loose, not hot. It felt - different. Last physio was last Friday. No home stretches. Just rest ice elevation.
Got into the clinic by climbing all 10 stairs good leg lead but weight bearing on baddy.
Saw the bike was open and thought “well I hate you and you hate me so let’s get this over with”. I did 4-5rocking motions and suddenly......there was the loudest metallic cracking noise and around I went!! I started bawling. The two assistants heard the noise and one ran and headed down the surgeon access hall and one ran to me calling my pt en route. The poor guy on the bike beside me just sat there going :yikes:

When they realized I had no pain and it just scared me she asked me to do it again. :upright:

OS came sprinting into clinic and knelt beside my knee and was firing question, I’m bawling and pt is laughing. She says “show him!”
:upright:

They quickly put me in an exam room and checked the knee and then asked me to do a hamstring curl While standing to measure. And there is a completely voluntary hanging 84!!!

I did all the gait tests, a full massage, got home and tossed in laundry and not one speck of swelling visible or pain! Wth??

I am typing this and then will be icing elevating and celebrating.

Guess Santa gave me a gift early!:santa sleigh:
 
That's wonderful news, Tracey! :yes!: :happydance: :yay: :spin: :dancy:

With all the surgeries your knee has had, it's likely to take longer than some knees do, but ti sounds as if you're making steady progress.
 
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :wowspring::flwrysmile::yes!::spin: I had faith. Taking a patient approach is key for you (and most of us). I am so happy for you.
 
I cried the first time I rode the bike at PT, too, but I was 3.5 weeks post op and in a lot of pain.

My PT told me to just rock the pedals and if I felt I could, to try for a rotation. Well, I hadn’t found Bonesmart yet, and “I knew I had to work hard in PT” and I was trying to be a good patient, and somehow I managed to force the rotation, lifting my hip. :yikes: That was Wednesday and the pain from the bike let up by Thursday afternoon, so on Friday I tried even harder on the bike and did more rotations. This time I had pain all weekend and thought for sure I had popped the implant out of place.

I think I rode the bike one more time, then found Bonesmart and started to decline some things, as I realized I truly wasn’t ready.

I’m glad at this point that your knee was ready! What a difference that makes! :santaclap:
 
Yippee for the rotation! What wonderful news! I had to rotate backwards for at least a week before I went forward. Being alone, I had no one here to celebrate, so I got on the phone and called my BBF! She was excited for me, but I could tell she really didn't understand. Only those who have been through it know how exciting that first rotation is!
 
At my PT place they rang a bell for you the first time you could do a rotation. I bet I wouldn’t have pushed so much if they just smiled and said yay. I can’t believe I did all that forcing so they’d ring a bell. :doh:
 
Girl! I’m just catching up on all you’ve been through the past few weeks. It hurts my heart to read how bad it’s been for you. I am hoping and praying that everything works out for you. Sending big hugs

Melanie
 
Woo hoo!!!! Definite cause for celebration. Be careful of overdoing it - I was so excited to do my backwards revolution yesterday I did more last night and landed in the ODIC today. What a great Christmas gift! :happydance::yay::loveshwr:
 
Way to go Tracey! A few years from now, as we watch on T.V. as you come across the finish line in the Tour de France while wearing the yellow jacket, we'll all say, "I was there; I knew her when!"
 
@hegel
Or you can do that this fall when you spot me on tv on-field covering the NCAA football games I got assigned to. :yes!:

Regardless. Thanks everyone. I know we all eventually get that revolution but this TKR has been such a long drawn out brutal battle for me that that small victory was monumental!
 
@traceys , I’m so happy for you, what a great progress you enjoyed!
Do they know why there was such a loud metallic noise, followed by the ability to move so much more freely?
 
@Mom2Lucy
Nope. OS went over my leg hip to ankle with a fine tooth comb, manually manipulated the patella, had me flex while standing (apparently he said that would show any malfunction more than laying down and heel sliding).
He then had me do all my gait exercises and asked my pt if I looked any different. Then had my rmt check all my muscles and go hands on to see if anything looked different to her.
He checked his xrays he has on me as well and ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To add on - I have since done laundry downstairs in our laundry room in our building, gone out to a sit down restaurant for about an hour for date night with hubby and then popped in to get a few groceries.

Very minimal discomfort, swelling is minimal and not one bruise/red area that I usually have after therapy (got them in odd places on leg every time even when no one touched me there)

I am at a loss for explanation.
:nativity:
 
Thats fantastic Tracey, glad things are looking up for you at last, you go girl:yes!:
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom