Guest viewing is limited

TKR TS’s lopsided recovery'

I’m feeling much the same as you @traceys , Christmas is not nearly as fun as usual, everything just seems more difficult , and the swelling and lack of bend persists. When I think about returning to work, I swear I can feel the blood draining front from my body.
I’m telling you this because reading your post it seemed like I was looking in a mirror.
Somehow we’re going to make it through this,so we can enjoy spring and summer next year!:console2:
 
I'm glad that you got a laugh Tracey, it's what I was aiming for. Just call your place the Barn and be done.

--jeff
 
Ah @hegel i owe u one for that!

@Mom2Lucy we are gonna get there. I don’t doubt it. It’s just like being on the go karts. Everyone else is ripping around the track. I’m that person waving and yelling “go around! Go around!” :driver:
 
It’s anniversary time here - 3 months today. :wowspring:
I celebrated by going back and reading some early entries in my recovery journal - the days I couldn’t lift my leg on its own or roll over in bed and knew what time it was because my pain meds wore off.

Now I can walk (awkwardly) without a cane short bits, I can sleep on my side (stomach somewhat) , pants fit over the knee and I can bend on a good day. :yes!:

Time creeps so slowly but at least it’s moving.
 
That's why these 'journals' are so good. I look back at mine thread at least every few months.
 
i actually have a journal I write in nightly. Started it in hospital. I write every emotion. Draw pictures. Scribble bad words. Lol. But was nice to now go back a bit and see the big thing
 
Alright people- I’m taking the big step tomorrow - literally!
I’ve booked a ride with my ride service to go shopping for an hour by myself.
:sos:
I’ve got to get some Christmas shopping and some baking supplies so thought I may as well. Normally hubby is with me shopping but not this time!
Figured I will take my walker so I have a seat and a basket to carry items and I think I might take a codeine 30mg before I go. And it’s mid morning so store should be relatively empty.

Aside from therapy appts, the fiasco trying to go to the pool and little excursions with a chaperon I haven’t tested my own limits yet. I’m so excited!!! :happydance:
 
Good for you Tracey! You have to test the knee sometimes. Hope you have a productive day with no after effects!
 
woo hoo!!! Have fun on your big outing -- don't overspend in a codeine-induced stupor :rotfl:. Will look forward to hearing all about it.
 
Omg what have I done. Lol:nah:

So my venture into the real world actually went well.
:happydance:
I was out for about 90min and the knee was cranky and tightened horribly as I went but it was NOT my worst day by any means. I forgot how much I hate that walker - the pitch forward and smacking my knee on the seat trying to stride normally. Ya. No more for me! Uh uh - crutches or cane only for a bit longer.
The flex was almost gone by the time I got home and then I realized I forgot my pain pill before I left!!

So what did I do? Well I took that pill, strapped ice packs on and put up the Christmas tree of course!
:tree lights:
Normally it takes me about 45min. 2hrs later it’s done and while I am going to pay for this... ya. I did it all today.

Now if you will excuse me my Lounge Doctor and the treat I bought myself are waiting! :dead:
 
Yay, you did something normal! Now, you can lay back and relax then next few days!
 
Congrats on surviving your big day! Hopefully you'll recover quickly. Yeah for the ice and Dr. Lounge.:tree2;
 
Thank you! The treat tasted extra good cuz I earned it. ( I splurged on a chocolate croissant and had it with a tea ) :beer:

Sadly right now my hamstrings and calf are rock hard and I can’t even find my knee under the swelling :headbang: The pain med isn’t even helping

Tomorrow is another day. Fingers crossed it isn’t bad again as I have massage
 
Wonderful choice of treats! And you accomplished so much! I hope tomorrow isn't too bad for you.

Do the massages feel good, or do they hurt? When my PT gave me a massage it was torture...felt like she was pinching me; tight hamstrings. She told me I was fighting her so she stopped.
 
Last edited:
@Teecup

I get different styles depending what the massage therapist decides after quizzing me how things are going and talking to my pt.
There is the basic “feel-good-get everything to relax” massage that I get after rough days. :yes!:

Then there is the days I pray for it to be over when she goes in and deals with my adhesions. Those are brutal and I often cry thru them but when she’s done I feel so good and move really well. :holysheep:She’s heard some pretty foul words during those ones!!

Then she also does some lengthening massages that work along muscle fibres like my hamstrings to get them to stretch out. Those days are actually pretty nice and I usually doze off during them. :sleeep:

I occasionally fight her subconsciously trying to protect a joint or previous injury site but when she points it out I can stop.

It’s a matter of being comfy with who’s doing it too. You realllllly have to trust them
 
There is the basic “feel-good-get everything to relax” massage that I get after rough days.
Order that one up for tomorrow for sure!

Very nice that you get a smorgasbord of massage treatments. You deserve extreme pampering after all you've been through!:santa gifts:
 

Staff online

  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Members online

Back
Top Bottom