FleuveStone
Insider
- Joined
- May 11, 2024
- Messages
- 271
- Gender
- Female
- Country
Canada
thanks for the message, @Layla ! appreciate the kind thoughts and words. 
Glad I'm getting a moment to do a 5-month update.
BACKGROUND, this is mainly for me to get a handle on stuff! It's been busy with family visits, summer birthdays, and miscellaneous medical appointments. My husband and I are both fairly consumed by his health condition, and lack of a definitive diagnosis. It is for sure a type of hydrocephalus, but whether there's a potential treatment remains elusive.
On the other hand we're adapting, trying to find the right balance between activity and rest. Unfortunately he's unable to walk much and I don't want to leave him behind--still working on how to increase my daily steps. He is doing a fair amount of food prep and cooking, which is a real benefit for me! And looking after our backyard bird friends, which is also a real benefit to me. We both especially enjoy watching the bushtits (very amusing!) and woodpeckers. He's also able to do some gardening.
We're learning some patience and the power of making a decision to wait 3 months from his intake appointment before we spend more energy looking elsewhere.
Lately my new knee has been toddling along, doing its healing in the background, while I do ADLs and some regular exercises from my physio and my husband's. Righty is somewhat warm and a bit swollen, but that doesn't surprise me. Plus some numb areas--also not surprising. AT THE MOMENT, neither knee has acute pains, and Greater Trochanter Pain Syndrome seems mostly under control.
My most recent experience with the ODIC was yesterday after spending an hour or two the day before trimming back a tenacious box honeysuckle shrub with my husband. I'm just not in shape for that kind of work, but I would go back and do it again because it had to be done in time for yard waste pickup today, and doing it is one way to start getting fit again. Interestingly just about everything but my knees was sore, so that's good!!!
As I write this, I'm listening to an uplifting playlist I created for myself, which I've called St. John's Wort for the Soul. Many of my favourite songs from over the years! I love music therapy.
XOXO to everyone out there going through waiting, recovery, helping others. You are all such an inspiration to me!

Glad I'm getting a moment to do a 5-month update.
BACKGROUND, this is mainly for me to get a handle on stuff! It's been busy with family visits, summer birthdays, and miscellaneous medical appointments. My husband and I are both fairly consumed by his health condition, and lack of a definitive diagnosis. It is for sure a type of hydrocephalus, but whether there's a potential treatment remains elusive.
On the other hand we're adapting, trying to find the right balance between activity and rest. Unfortunately he's unable to walk much and I don't want to leave him behind--still working on how to increase my daily steps. He is doing a fair amount of food prep and cooking, which is a real benefit for me! And looking after our backyard bird friends, which is also a real benefit to me. We both especially enjoy watching the bushtits (very amusing!) and woodpeckers. He's also able to do some gardening.
We're learning some patience and the power of making a decision to wait 3 months from his intake appointment before we spend more energy looking elsewhere.
Lately my new knee has been toddling along, doing its healing in the background, while I do ADLs and some regular exercises from my physio and my husband's. Righty is somewhat warm and a bit swollen, but that doesn't surprise me. Plus some numb areas--also not surprising. AT THE MOMENT, neither knee has acute pains, and Greater Trochanter Pain Syndrome seems mostly under control.
My most recent experience with the ODIC was yesterday after spending an hour or two the day before trimming back a tenacious box honeysuckle shrub with my husband. I'm just not in shape for that kind of work, but I would go back and do it again because it had to be done in time for yard waste pickup today, and doing it is one way to start getting fit again. Interestingly just about everything but my knees was sore, so that's good!!!

As I write this, I'm listening to an uplifting playlist I created for myself, which I've called St. John's Wort for the Soul. Many of my favourite songs from over the years! I love music therapy.
XOXO to everyone out there going through waiting, recovery, helping others. You are all such an inspiration to me!

It's really nice to hear from you!
