dubloosh
senior
- Joined
- Jan 30, 2024
- Messages
- 340
- Age
- 68
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
You're right @EalingGran and thank you for sharing your experience. I was instructed to do half squats, then realized my knee was over my toes, putting pressure on the joint. This was at the end of December. I still feel the effects, though I'm unsure if I feel it more because there's less swelling.
Today I saw my surgeon to discuss the patellar tendonosis indication per the MRI. He said it's the bone, and I reiterated the MRI report findings. I'm not happy he contradicted the diagnosis and am seeing another surgeon for a second opinion this afternoon. He also said riding a recumbent bike, which I do not have and use my neighbor's, is preferable to walking. This I don't understand.
On a positive note, I'm hopeful the comfrey salve will help and wish I'd thought of it sooner. I'll post after using it as it may help others.
Happy President's Day!
Today I saw my surgeon to discuss the patellar tendonosis indication per the MRI. He said it's the bone, and I reiterated the MRI report findings. I'm not happy he contradicted the diagnosis and am seeing another surgeon for a second opinion this afternoon. He also said riding a recumbent bike, which I do not have and use my neighbor's, is preferable to walking. This I don't understand.
On a positive note, I'm hopeful the comfrey salve will help and wish I'd thought of it sooner. I'll post after using it as it may help others.
Happy President's Day!
After consideration I reached out to the customer relations department and left a message for the department manager of my surgeon's practice to contact me and for the radiologist's office to please contact me if possible. We shall see what happens next. I've always had to advocate for myself with one doctor or another and was a mama bear when I took care of my mom.