Guest viewing is limited

TKR Trish27sch’s Post Op Journey

Going down stairs can be one of the last things to feel normal in the first few months. Just keep practicing a little bit at a time. I think it was about 4-5 months before it felt normal to me, even though I could do down stairs before that.
 
Hi all, thought I would give another update since it's been awhile. I am now 4 months post op and my flexion is at 130 and extension is zero. I do not have any of the pain I had prior to surgery. It is completely gone . Which makes me very happy to go shopping at stores and not come home crying anymore!
What I do have left is some stiffness when getting up at first, but eases some after up awhile. If on it for a period of time, it feels like it puffs up and gets stiff and sore. So I am hoping this is leftover surgery pain that needs to take time to eliminate. But all in all, it's better than prior to surgery!
Happiness, finally!!!!
 
For being only 1/3 of the way through this year-long healing, you are doing great! Stiffness and swelling are normal at your stage. The stiffness is a result of the swelling. Once the swelling diminishes, your stiff feeling will, too.
 
Yes, this stiffness will last for a few more months. I am coming up on my 1 year anniversary with my second knee and no more stiffness in the mornings! I'm not sure when it stopped but it did.
 
Back
Top Bottom