Guest viewing is limited

TKR Train Wrecked My nerves are too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will probably need to plan to stop frequently when driving to get out and stretch your legs. It would be wise to take some ice packs in a cooler too.
 
:dead:@icep707 I have been mentally exploring the La Brea Tar Pits... (Depressed). After realizing I can be discriminated against because of my method of writing I thought I would kick back and contemplate Zeus's navel. Face book is all I can handle and except for a few readers it hardly seems worth while...

House and yard looks like **** and can't do anything about that. But just had a surprise cause a teenager appeared at my door wanting yard work. I offered her $50.00 to weed/clear old mulch/remulch terraces--fair price--those thorns on my roses are vicious. She accepted and will start tomorrow. Dillinger gave his famous leaping at the door "normal" welcome (Couldn't get 'Don't Ring the door....' out) so I had to I shut him in the back of the house.

The gal showed up, 15 years old and no doesn't know a weed from a plant, so I wound up trying to go over what she already had before she went to lunch. Don't think she was too happy when she came back--as always trying shortcuts to avoid real work. She said she was getting a brand new VW for her birthday, I told her she was a Spoiled Brat. Her Dad is over in Afghanistan, her Mom runs a daycare center out of the house--call me a complain but no one at age 16 needs a brand new car--no matter what their parents do. This is his first tour over there, so things will undoubtedly change...

Neighbor across the alley's dogs have barked until 3 a.m. last 2 days and I am operating on 5 hours sleep--we'll see... Am now in pain--naturally. "No one can do that voodoo like you do."

Counting down the days till I get to read the riot act to my Orthopod. This will be fun! Haven't strafed anyone in a long time...

Yes; my husband was a career military man--My Joy/My Bad Boy...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Look.....we are similar in a few ways which I will not go into. Suffice it to say I am a single lady homeowner who hates to sit still. Once I found this site and used /still use it to read and reach out for help I was blessed. How? Well I was feeling pressure from boss, timelines, superheroes even on this site who are so active and fabulous or who have never been through it like friends and bosses. So I am at 13 wks. I was walking with a limp for 5 yrs prior and slowly became more and more inactive till I walked with knee facing outward. My OS is a woman and my first appt she jammed her thumb hard all the way from one end of my scar to the other. My 81 yr dad thot I was going to punch her or faint. I found out on my third appt because of the way I walked prior and my weight, 200 lbs 5 ft 7.. she pounded a longer post in my lower leg and had to do some compensation for the deformity I had caused. She would have never offered that. So it made sense I may have had more pain than maybe another. I learned when I have a low swelling day and have no or little pain I carefully do a little more and ice and elevate. I get your activity and your yard work but uneven ground isn't good i think due to the tilting of your insides. I wanted to mow my lawn today and had to put myself on ice and talk some sense into myself. My friends and neighbors all offered fake help too. Screw them.......lesson learned
You will be fine , stop , ice , and breathe. Didn't mean to be so long winded.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well that's a shame. This site has been a life-saver for so many. It's full of kind & supportive people who have all gone through this. You'd be hard pressed to come up with an issue or challenge that at least one person hasn't already experienced. This is a community of wonderful people with a wealth of knowledge.

That being said I will say that you get what you give and that negative begets negative. Tone is important, as is respect. There are a lot of different personalities on here, but the bottom line is that we all look out for each other. I'm sorry you don't/won't see that. If you would read some of the other threads, you would realize that yours is not a good representation. It's a shame that the people who you are referring to the site are only seeing your thread.

I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn't have made it this far without these wonderful people. I've had a difficult recovery and everyone on here has helped me immensely. Although there are varied personalities on here, everyone is kind hearted. I don't like to see posts that are aggressiveng or comments that are meant to hurt. My apologies again if I am misunderstanding, but I do find some of your comments aggressive, insulting and inflammatory.

The written word is pretty powerful and it's impossible to tell humor from cynicism from insults from innocent statements online sometimes. That's why people have to be very careful how they word things......

I wish you well with your recovery
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly what I'm talking about ... no one 'jumped on your back'. We only know what you've presented us ..... anyway, this debate serves no purpose as it has nothing to do with your knee. We will have to agree to disagree and resolve ourselves to not having our personalities and writing styles match up. As I stated before, I hope your recovery goes well and that you get the resolutions you're aiming for ....
 
huh? I thought I was being kind and supportive. I meant that the Drs I have been to , OS, feel their job is the mechanical and P.T. needs to do theirs. I didn't by any means mean that your Dr hadn't overlooked a fixable problem! Good grief I am sorry! The written word doesn't always read how our voices would have added inflections and additional ways to get our points across. These people and this site is invaluable as I said.
We all get frustrated at times. So sorry again......
 
I wanted to beat everyone from deleting my comments. Just realized that I can't even yell when someone is joking with me verbally. So communication using your techniques is not going to work.


? I am confused with this post
 
What I am trying to say is I AM A SCREW-UP. It finally hit me between the eyes that if I am unable to tell when someone is joking and instead think they are being abusive and sarcastic. Then I probably am ALWAYS on the DEFENSE. So there, I admitted it. But at my age don't know how to change and it isn't worth while. BYE!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom