TKR Tough Going <

Hi y'all! I'm three years out from my TKR. Since then, I've also had a THR!
My knee has been doing well up until about four days ago. It is stiff, sore, and appears to have an effusion. It is not particularly warm or red. No fever.
What could be causing this? I do have inflammatory arthritis, but I have had flares since the surgery and this has never happened. Thanks in advance for any educated guesses!
 
Hi MimiMimi. I have no idea what could be causing your knee to become stiff, sore, and to have an effusion, three years after your TKR. But I'll bet your surgeon would know! If it was me, I'd make an appointment and get it checked out, just to be on the safe side.
 
Thanks, my surgeon has left the practice. I talked with a triage nurse who said to ice it and give it a few days. If not better by tomorrow I'll make an appointment.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom