Guest viewing is limited

THR To revise or not to revise? leg length issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi DD, I have half a centimeter LLD. I used to notice it more when I walked bare footed as one would expect however at 14+ post I have no awareness of it at all.

I do believe in my situation because I had a dreadful pre surgery pelvic tilt and now that my body is well underway of realigning itself, this is the reason for not being aware of it. It has just taken time and I hope that is the situation for you :)
 
Maybe you'd like Josephine to view and comment on the x-rays that you posted.

Take care,
Cardie
 
.Daisy, I cropped your pictures and privatised them! It's never a good idea to post your entire computer screen on the internet and xrays can sometimes display a little too much anatomy!
The results say that my right leg is actually a half centimetre longer than my left,
That would be my estimate. I put a graph of sorts on the xray and it showed that the legs appear to be anatomically even. But it's a small picture and 0.5cm error factor would be in keeping!

[Bonesmart.org] To revise or not to revise? leg length issue


It looks like my pelvis is tilted laterally with the left side pushed downward. I was not like this before surgery.
However, you can see that there is a significant pelvic tilt with some angulation in spine as well which would account for the perceived LLD.

You did have some of that spinal angulation as well, even pre-op but it's impossible to say more from only a pelvic xray..

[Bonesmart.org] To revise or not to revise? leg length issue
 
Hi
I am so glad I found this forum and I have been following this thread with interest.
I have bilateral protrusio acetabuli and am 7 weeks post op LTHR. I have had a great recovery so far, am walking independently, doing housework,shopping etc. The only thing that is concerning me and hindering my recovery is that I have developed a limp which I did not have before surgery.
My surgeon said I had an actual LLD of 1 cm post op but my PT measured it as 1.5cm, I fear this may be the cause of my limp. Also I have noticed the hem of the unoperated trouser leg drags on the floor. My PT says its too soon to consider lifts but I feel they would help and am considering trying a shoe lift myself - is this a good idea or should I wait. Also I am seeing my OS on Monday is there anything I should specifically be asking him?
 
Hi Lady marmalade you might want to start your own thread so that we can welcome you and address your questions individually and maybe bottomshollow can help with that as a moderator...

On the LLD, many of us have gone through a period of time feeling lopsided after the surgery and often that normalizes with time. My OS suggested that I not wear a lift so as to help my body stretch and acclimate to the changes from the surgery. I, however, had a LLD going in to surgery due to congenital issues.

Also, you mention having bi-lateral protrusio, will you need to have the other hip replaced at some point in the future? If so, there is a good chance that if you are truly experiencing a LLD your OS can attempt to correct for this with the next hip.

Sounds like you are feeling well and quite active for just 7 weeks out from surgery :thumb:

Take care,
Cardie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom