Guest viewing is limited

TKR TKR problems after 6 years

My thoughts exactly, NightQuilter. Quad sets should not aggravate the knee but could help strengthen things around the knee, helping with stability.
 
Thank you NightQuilter for taking an interest. I think it's good advice about exercising the quadriceps though I won't be doing any more step-ups - at least for the time being.

However, I noticed the instability starting while I was still doing quadriceps exercises (inc step-ups). The persistent swelling, heat and pain (the latter two managed by icing) I think mean there is some underlying problem e.g. osteolysis. The further tests will have to wait until the covid-19 storm blows over. Meanwhile, in the words of the surgeon, I will have to "tough it out".
 
Hopefully you will start to get some relief by just eliminating the stress caused by the step-ups. Good luck!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom