Guest viewing is limited

TKR TKR 2 Years Out

Back squats at 4 weeks? It has been 23 months for me with no back squats in sight. :sad:

You are doing fabulous!
 
  • Like
Reactions: shr
Thanks for the encouragement. My ROM progress brings me a lot of anxiety. I got more ROM presurgery lifting, so I figured I will head in the direction very slowly and carefully.
 
  • Like
Reactions: shr
I am 7 weeks out. I have turned a big corner the past week or so! I am doing modified Crossfit and barbell workouts 2-3 days/week, can hike 3-4 miles with fairly steep ascent/descent, am back work full time, and ROM is 2 on extension/113 flexion. Still hitting PT 2-3 days a week. Here is today vs a few days after surgery. What a difference!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] TKR 2 Years Out
    6EF4B237-C348-4DB4-98D0-6B7645686EBF.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 106
  • Love
Reactions: shr
Officially 3.5 months out and finally think I am better than presurgery. Today I did a full clean and split jerk. No pain. The road here was rough but hoping for continued improvement. Thanks everyone for all the support. It is very appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] TKR 2 Years Out
    B178DCE5-EDCE-482E-B8FB-53A9C5F26D80.png
    177.4 KB · Views: 69
  • [Bonesmart.org] TKR 2 Years Out
    BCB88196-A0F8-4146-97A9-43AC3E17FD8A.png
    181.2 KB · Views: 74
  • [Bonesmart.org] TKR 2 Years Out
    41C7B92A-7105-4931-A2BA-3E7DF9DAA783.png
    177.4 KB · Views: 67
  • [Bonesmart.org] TKR 2 Years Out
    3956626E-40E8-4D81-ABFA-EAFF95A4CC79.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 76
  • [Bonesmart.org] TKR 2 Years Out
    D94891B5-B4BC-4F8E-A78F-2FB763E5D864.png
    183.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Love
Reactions: shr
Yikes! I can't imagine carrying groceries in the near future Obviously you were in great shape pre-surgery! Continued healing to you.
 
  • Like
Reactions: shr
I have a coworker getting ready for TKR. Going back and reading my posts from 2 years ago and talking to her as she prepares reminded me how far I have come. It was a long 12 weeks post op and a full year of firsts as I recovered and healed. Now I can do most Crossfit movements including run, lunge, squat all pain free! Here is a pic from a few months ago hitting a 280# back squat. Stay the course, push yourself in PT (it is a fine line between letting yourself heal vs pushing out of your comfort zone), and be patient. This is the best decision and my life is so much better 2 years out!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] TKR 2 Years Out
    IMG_4109.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 37
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, you have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you start new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here.
 
Back
Top Bottom