TKR TKR #2 --Left Knee -- (August 5 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be nice to have 2 straight legs. I still have one knock-kneed leg, which looks worse now that the left us straight. Glad you got the bike seat height figured out. I plan on riding on Sunday.
 
The now-gone varus in the left leg in that image gave me lots of issues while cycling and having two straight legs means fewer problems getting comfortable on the bike. But, there are lots of readjustments to make and those will be a process to get comfortable again. I decided to wait until the new seatpost arrives before riding again. There is probably enough not to worry about, but on my last ride it was creaking enough to make me think that the carbon post was being stressed. The risk is small, but if it did break then ........ So, I am missing some great riding weather, but it gives me a chance to catch up on chores that have gone undone since the second TKR.

Your Florida trip sounds like great fun, I hope you get out riding on Sunday!
 
I had a similar issue after my first TKR and had to order a fancy, extra-long cf seatpost for my mountain bike (weird geometry). I also raised the saddle on my road bike but was still fine- plenty of seatpost to spare. I guess part of it is that we're no longer bone-on-bone and thus a bit taller!
 
I am getting more and more jazzed about rejoining a gym or possibly digging out my exercise machine that is stored in the detached building we have. The leg press machine at the PT was really enjoyable for some strange reason and I'm motivated. And, being at the age I am, I no longer care much about what the superfit people at the gym may think of me.

I still have a prescription for FIFTY more PT sessions. I wonder if I can turn that into a use of their machines, without all the PT attention.

It's getting more and more clear through our shared experience that we lose a TON of muscle function through this experience and that it doesn't come back quickly through activities of daily living, even if that involves a lot of stairs or an exercycle. It's almost four months for me. I'm ecstatic about the change, but quite sober about the work that lies ahead. I want to encourage anybody that reads this, any newbies, that it's a doggone long process, and in only some respects is a quick fix.

Oh --- people are saying I'm taller! Is that really true, or just that I'm happier and standing up straighter?
 
My OS used a drain for the first knee but doesn't use them anymore. Each leg had some bruising but not bad.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom