THR TikiPadre new hip round 2 older and a bit more sore

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] TikiPadre new hip round 2 older and a bit more sore
tikipadre, thought you might get a "kick" out of this (I hear the groans). Please do be more careful---don't want to undo that new hip. You did have quite a day---one you'll not soon forget. Icing might be just the ticket while you're lounging on the sofa.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] TikiPadre new hip round 2 older and a bit more sore
 
LOL yeah, luckily it was the opposite leg of my new THR, but now it kind of evens out the pain... kinda the same on both legs... Not bad today though, the bruise is coming along nicely... kind of a plum color.. lol
 
I like the phrase "holding down the couch". My recliner will be going nowhere for a while -- I've got it pretty well grounded!
 
I am with you Cookie42... Luuuv my recliner, when I have time to get in it :)
 
Quick update... had my follow up with my OS and he lifted all restrictions. YAY.. I am walking without a cane for at least a week now, my leg is still about an inch or so longer, but the doc said I still need to stretch out the ligaments and/or tenons and it will even out sooner or later. Really feeling much better. Still slow and stiff but I see light at the end of the tunnel, and am pretty confident at this juncture. :happydance:
 
[Bonesmart.org] TikiPadre new hip round 2 older and a bit more sore
Ya! no more restrictions!!!! Life is getting more and more "normal" all the time. Now with two shinny new hips the sky's the limit!
 
well.. the leg of my new hip is still longer than the other... doc said it will even out over time... I'm ready for that to happen... this limping around is getting OLD:sorry:
 
[Bonesmart.org] TikiPadre new hip round 2 older and a bit more sore
with joint replacements is TIME & PATIENCE. We have to have (or find) the PATIENCE to give our hips and knees TIME to heal at their own pace. Nothing else works like these two things and nothing can take their place. But it is a very hard truth to absorb in the beginning of our recoveries or even in the middle.

Recovery is what it is, and it's going to take as long as it's going to take. So be PATIENT and let TIME take care of things with some assistance from you. It can take up to three or four months for that leg length discrepancy feeling to resolve itself.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] TikiPadre new hip round 2 older and a bit more sore
 
Quick update... had THR on July 12th I believe, and this is Nov 1... I still have quite a bit of stiffness upon getting out of bed or when I sit for an extended period of time but if I "walk it off" I can walk normally without a limp, but to do that I REALLY have to make a concerted effort to do so. No real pain, but the leg length difference is leveling my hips out and kind of causing other issues with my lower back... which the docs said I was going to have to have worked on at some point... I just hope this doesn't expedite that. Meh... I guess sooner or later all will work out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom