Guest viewing is limited

High Tibial Osteotomy Tibial Tubercle Transfer

Sorry to hear you still have pain that is the same as your previous pain before surgery.
I don't know about Hoffa syndrome- so I put it into the search area in BoneSmart and found quite a few references from other members. You might be interested to do that too.
I also found a link to some information.
I'm wondering if you have Patello-femoral pain syndrome (PFPS), fat pad impingement (Hoffa's Syndrome).
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello - first post on here.

I had a left knee TTT on the 20th September in London and I've had different opinions from the surgeon and my physio on the recovery time for this.

I'm currently off crutches, bending past 90 degrees and I think progressing ok. My knee does stiffen very quickly and is usually at its best after exercises.

My main issue is waking up with sickening knee pain at 4am, which keeps me awake for 1-2 hours. I've tried doing nothing, walking around, light stretches, but the knee feels like it's trying to get to the Earth's core.

Started about 10 days ago and is like clockwork.

Has anyone else had this / and tips?
ICE ICE ICE ICE ICE ICE....I fall asleep with the ice on in the middle of the night sometimes...helps so much.
 
Results in.

I have now received and reviewed the results of your MRI scan, which has shown a labral
tear in your left hip. It may well be a root problem to some of the issues you have been
experiencing.

Any thoughts? It doesn't appear to be that clear why this is causing such knee pain for me.
 
There is often referred pain from a problem hip to the knee. It’s good that the labral tear was discovered and now can be dealt with.
 
Full findings.



Left-sided CAM morphology with an undisplaced anterosuperior acetabular labral tear (series 5, image 11)
Chondral narrowing at the margin of the left acetabulum in keeping with femoro acetabular impingement but no subcortical change.

Early marginal left femoral head osteophyte formation.

No significant left hip joint effusion is seen.

The left ligamentum teres and transverse capsular ligaments appear within normal limits.
Right CAM morphology.

No significant acetabular labral tear seen within the right hip joint on wide field-of-view images.

No osteochondral injuries are seen within the right hip joint.

Mild greater trochanteric bursitis bilaterally.

No evidence of iliopsoas para tendonitis or bursitis.
No evidence of common hamstring para tendonitis is seen.
No evidence of sacroiliitis is seen.
No occult muscle or bony injuries are seen within the pelvis or proximal thighs.

IMPRESSION
1. Bilateral CAM morphology.
2. Anterosuperior left-sided acetabular labral tear with chondral narrowing marginally on the left acetabulum in keeping with femoral
acetabular impingement.
3. Mild bilateral greater trochanteric bursitis.

Doesn't read too bad?
 
It’s not really appropriate for us to weigh in on the results you’ve posted. It does indicate you have a labral tear and acetabular impingement, which should be addressed with your surgeon as to the appropriate action going forward. I hope you can get an appointment with the surgeon quickly.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom