Guest viewing is limited

THR

Mybhip started getting worse quickly near the end as well as by surgery day, I was more than ready. I think you will find recovery easier than you anticipate. It is just amazing not to have that pain any more. The week before my surgery, I treated myself to a pedicure minus the nail polish. It was so relaxing and nice to have my nails done since it was such a struggle to do it myself and then I couldn't do it very well. Just a thought if you are looking for something to do to pass the time. Imwishbyou well and look forward to seeing you on the other side next week!
 
We're planning a beach vacation the first of August will walking through sand be an issue?
Yes it will - there is a skewing motion your foot makes and that every time you push off on a step, your foot slides back because there's no stability in the sand are the problems. If there are boards layed out then use them but I do suggest you don't walk on loose or wet sand. It's exactly the kind of tough walking that will cause mega pain, maybe not that day but certainly the next.
 
My hips were torturing me so much the weekend before my surgery on a Monday it actually helped to absolve some of my anxiety about whether I needed to do this now or not.
Little to no sleep and no relief from the pain just solidified in my mind I was doing the right thing.
4 months behind me..sleeping like a baby.
Post op nerve and thigh pain every once in a while (mostly when I push things too much) is so much more tolerable than all that terrible OA pain.
Won't be long now...EYE on the PRIZE
 
@Lerwick8 , we don't have long to wait now, do we? It's been a long road to get to this point, and I can't wait. Imagine, walking without pain ( today has been really bad) I'll be looking for you on the other side. Take care.

I'm happy to hear you are doing well @Mojo333. Reading the recovery threads have calmed much of my anxiety and fears while I've been waiting. My house is ready for post op me. My hubby installed the toilet seat riser yesterday and moved around some furniture today. He already does most of the cooking, so that is covered. I know I'm blessed to have him in my life.


@GrannyC , you read my mind, planning on getting a pedi and having my hair cut tomorrow. And we are puppy sitting this weekend, so that will definitely keep me occupied. I'm so happy that I found this site when I did, knowing that so many others have been through the same things and made it to the other side has given me comfort. Take care.
 
Best Wishes on Tuesday next.
Start of a new Life without hip pain.
Joe.....
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom