THR

Hello all. Feeling very down right now. Saw the cardiologist today, and have to do more testing before I can be cleared for surgery. That means my new hip is put on the back burner for now. I know that this has to be done and maybe we're catching something early. I had vacations scheduled based on my June 6 date, now will have to make some changes.

So sorry for whining, but I knew you would understand. Hope everyone is doing well.

Miggie
 
@Miggie - that is unfortunate. Hope it can be corrected soon. Detecting a problem and fixing it prior to surgery is fortunate. Best of luck and keep us posted. Prayers sent.
 
@Clipper Thanks for understanding. I had myself mentally ready for surgery and this took the wind out of my sails. But I'm trying to look at this as a good thing, if there is something wrong I want to be able to treat it now.
Your prayers are much appreciated.
 
@Miggie So sorry your surgery is delayed. But it certainly is best that they deal with any cardiac issues before your THR. Did they say what the issue was (I just went through cardiac issues so just curious - OK if you don't want to share)? We are with you on this!
 
@Jaycey The doc called it Bigeminy, I have a premature beat after every normal beat. Based on my pre-op labs he started me on potassium and magnesium. He said sometimes that will take care of it. I had an echocardiogram today and will have stress test next week then will see doctor a few days later for results.

I was very down about putting off my thr, but then realized that my hip won't kill me (only hurt like the devil!) but a heart issue could. So, I will do what is necessary to take care of this and then will get my new hip

Thank you for your support!
 
Wow waiting is awful but best to get the hart thing behind you.
Each time I've gone in for pre op they hear my murrmer and want a heart Doc to sign off on it.
So this time I set an appointment with my heart Doc right after the pre op exam. I'm trying to keep my LTHR
Date of 6-19. But lm fully expecting it backfire
All we can do is go forward.
Stay positive it will happen.
 
Well at least they know what the issue is and have started treating it. Good luck on the stress test. Let us know how it goes.
 
@Gone again You were smart to schedule your appointment with your cardiologist early. Hope you get the go ahead for 6-19 and maybe I won't be far behind you.
 
@Elljaybee Good luck tomorrow, I'm sure everything will go smoothly. Look forward to hear how your recovery goes. Sending you prayers and hugs!
 
I have finally gotten cleared by the cardiologist for my THR, but now I have a question. I may be able to get on schedule for June 26. We're planning a beach vacation the first of August will walking through sand be an issue? Having posterior approach for the hip. Any insight would be appreciated.
 
I may be able to get on schedule for June 26.We're planning a beach vacation the first of August will walking through sand be an issue?
No one can predict how you will react to THR. You will be less than 6 weeks out the first of August - that's still early days for some. Certainly a vacation will be a great place to recover. But you will need to limit your activity and allow for plenty of rest time. Then there is the difficulty some have with walking on uneven surfaces early out of surgery.

Finally - will you be flying to your destination. If so, for how long. Long haul flights are not recommended in the early days of recovery. Best to check with your surgeon on this.
 
@Jaycey saw cardiologist yesterday, and good news, all tests were normal. The EKG he did in office yesterday didn't show any PVCs, yay!! He will keep me on the potassium and magnesium and follow up in six months. Can't tell you how relieved I was after seeing him.
After speaking to the OS office today I have decided to put off surgery until later in August. I don't want to give up vacation with my granddaughters at the beach and I don't want to jeopardize the outcome of the surgery, so there you have it. Now that that's all settled, I feel calmer and back in control (at least for a while) . Thanks for being here to listen and advise. Hugs!
 
Great news on the cardio tests. Well done! Enjoy your vacation. We will be here for you in August!
 
I hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th, we had a very quiet day because of this hip. Started recently, while walking will have a stabbing pain in butt cheek and it feels like my leg will give way. Thankfully this isn't a constant thing. Is this just progression of the hip issue? I am so looking forward to August.
 
I made it through vacation at the beach. Walking in the sand was a struggle, even with using a crutch. I tried to keep up with my granddaughters (ages 8 and 5) as best as I could. They had a blast!

I feel that my hip is going downhill quickly, it hurts all the time, and sleeping is difficult. Both knees hurt as well. So glad that it won't be long now, and I'll get my new hip.
 
I feel that my hip is going downhill quickly
This happen quite often. They go from tolerable to horrid overnight. Just baby that hip for now. Don't do anything that might aggravate it. Not long now!
 
I'm taking your advice @Jaycey and babying this hip as much as possible :bored: I am very fortunate to have a very understanding hubby! He has been great through all of this. He's a retired firefighter, and use to taking charge.

I look forward to starting a thread on the other side. I'm so thankful that I found Bone Smart and all you wonderful hippies!
 
Another step closer to my new hip, attended joint class at the hospital today. Met with PA, PT, OT and the nurse manager. They all went through alot of information, much of which I had already gotten here on BS! I felt like I was ahead of the curve :) Won't be long now.
 
@Miggie .. I am the day before you.

Glad that this will all be behind you this time next week and that you will be on the road to a pain-free life.

Best wishes for next week:flwrysmile:
 
Back
Top Bottom