THR THR - Two years post-op and doing well

Great news, Gloucestergal!
Sounds good and I'm happy for you...but what is a 3rd Parkrun, for us living across the pond.
Inquiring minds want to know? :wink:
Wishing you a sunny, lovely weekend!:SUNsmile:
@Gloucestergal65
 
@Layla Parkrun happens all over the UK in towns and cities. It’s a free event in a local
Park. 5km. If you can’t run, you can walk it. I think there were 260people in the Gloucester one this morning. It is marshalled and timed and I guess good training for marathons. I saw kids joining in today and also a couple dads pushing children in buggies. It’s a way of encouraging fitness for free in a welcoming community. I even heard of someone travelling all over the country to get an ABC of Parkruns in different cities.
 
g in today and also a couple dads pushing children in buggies. It’s a way of encouraging fitness for free in a welcoming community.
Love this!
Thanks for the explanation, I appreciate it, GG.
Glad you could participate. :)
 
Congratulations :yes!: You are an encouragement to us all! That's quite a run and to better your time, wow!
 
I remember PA telling me “ no running marathons or bungee jumping.” I’ve run a few 5 k’s when I was in my 50’s. Now 73 I’m happy to get my walks in!
I planted flowers on Saturday & kneeling down & getting up & down I was a little sore later in the day. Ice pack on my back for about an hour & all was fine.
My body reminded me to take a break. Ok. I’ll listen.
 
Two and a half year anniversary has just passed. There are still some Pilates exercises I can’t do and still a bit of tenderness sometimes when sleeping on the operated side. Neither of these things bother me as much as my bunions and corns. Never a dull moment. :rotfl:
 
Congratulations on getting back to (or perhaps newly starting) parkrun. Parkrun is pretty well a religion for many of us in the UK, I would happily describe myself as an addict. I am the proud owner of a milestone 250 shirt. On the travelling thing, I have been to 47 different parkruns including 1 in Japan, 3 in NZ and 1 in France (before they withdrew from France). Can’t wait to get back, I think I went back to it as a walker 7 weeks post-operation on my 1st hip, and started running at 4 months. I do regularly volunteer.
 
Three years this week since my hip replacement. It was very nerve wracking but so worth it. Apart from some slight discomfort still at times lying on that side and still a tendency to limp slightly at times, these are minor issues compared to the before.
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year. I regularly recommend you to people but I don’t know if anyone I know has taken up the recommendation. :christmas-carols-smiley-emoticon:
 
Thanks for the update, @Gloucestergal65. So glad to read that you are doing well.

And thank you for sending other joint patients our way. The bigger the community, the more the support.

Have a wonderful holiday with your 3-year-old hip!

:presents-under-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:
 
@Gloucestergal65 That's a great update and glad you feel good enough about us to recommend us. Blessings for a joyous holiday and a prosperous New Year.
 
We’ll be having our annual New Year’s Eve party again this year, so I hope you’ll be able to take some time to join us and give us more good news about the things you’re able to do now with your hip. Emails will go out just before the party starts to remind you. Hope to see you there!!!

It does sometimes take a while for these joints to settle. I’m glad you feel that your hip replacement was an overall positive experience and that BoneSmart was helpful to you during your recovery journey. Keep sending people here….we’re ready to help!
 
Hi Gloucestergal!
It's nice to see your update on the forum today. Thanks for returning and also for recommending our community to those you feel may benefit through participating here. We appreciate it. I'm happy you're doing so well and wish you a very Merry Christmas and many blessings in the new year. :)
Happy Three Year Anniversary!
@Gloucestergal65
 
Thanks for all the lovely responses. I think the best bit for me was finding a community of people who knew what I was going through every step of the way, especially in the first days after the op. All those niggling concerns when anxiety levels are through the roof. You allowed me to raise my concerns, answered them promptly and calmly and were endlessly reassuring. Thank you all. ❤️
 
Back
Top Bottom