THR THR - One year on

@myglasshalffull stamina is improving but you’re right, it’s taken a while. A few zingers after tai chi which I haven’t felt for a while- hopefully just waking up those areas still feeling a bit lacking.
Not perfect Still limping.
Have found nhs online chair yoga so I’ll give it a go but the acqua aerobics is enough for me today.

Sixteen months today. Nothing new to report. Walking more without the stick but still have a limp (well more of a waddle really). I’m being inducted into the Assisted Ladies Gym this week to try and focus on specific weaknesses. I don’t even really know what that means but my Tai Chi teacher suggested it.
Completely unrelated, my daughter cracked a rib coughing and that is very debilitating and painful and tricky to manage with a two year old.
A reminder that being incapacitated is not just the preserve of the oldies amongst us.
Happy healing everyone. :badspidy:

Last edited:
Only two days after a positive post and not feeling quite as positive. My hip seems a bit achy for the first time in a long time and I think maybe I have been overdoing it. I’m hoping it’ll settle and just turn out to have been a niggle rather than turning into anything worse. Just reminds me again of the scribble recovery compared to the nice straight line recovery. :hissy:

Still a bit twingy yesterday and dithered about going to Thai Chi.
In the end I took a couple painkillers and had a really nice session.
It was a busy day and by the end of it I had racked up 13000 steps, the most in years.
Although I felt a bit tired, I actually also felt energised and had a brilliant night’s sleep.
Have a nice day and good healing. ❤️

I know it's difficult to hear but 4 1/2 months post op is still early in the game & you are bound to have days when your energy is less & pain is more. I faced those days with rest & ice & usually by next day I was better.
I still like to take a "me" day to do very little.
The surgery forced me to slow down & now I've come to enjoy my days that I have to myself.
I'm watching two small dogs for my friends that are in Florida with their daughter until Sunday. I will definitely need a "me" day once they leave! Very good dogs but one doesn't want to walk down the stairs so I have to carry him!
Cracked rib??? Ouch! those are so painful. Your poor daughter. Here's hoping she feels better soon.

And another good day - 12000 steps and an aqua aerobics session. As well as a good dose of Vitamin D even if it is a bit chilly here in the UK. A glass of wine and a dose of Norwegian Noir on the TV in front of the woodburner. Happy Days.

Joking aside, I didn’t really feel at all prepared for the physical recovery from my hip replacement and even less so for the mental recovery and the hyper vigilance and anxiety that goes with it. I would say i am mostly recovered on all fronts but not completely. Maybe I never will entirely but, you know what, life is so much better than it was. Good luck to everyone contemplating surgery and equally to the fellow travellers in recovery. And thank you so much Bonesmart and all the people who keep it going. It has helped me immeasurably. :dancy: Me at acqua aerobics today.

I think many of us do become "hyper vigilant" after this surgery, especially if it's our first joint replacement.
It does get better with time, though. I honestly never even think about my hip any more. (Of course, I've had two knee replacements since the hip was done, so they've been a bit of a distraction!)

Glad to read you are finding life so much better than it was pre-op! :flwrysmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
kneequery
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom