Things are starting to move...

Status
Not open for further replies.
BeckyR I saw something about a trophy. I guess it's a good thing.
 
BeckyR and Upstater, your user subtitle, i.e., jr. member, member, senior, changes according to the number of posts you have made. You are also awarded trophy points each time your subtitle changes. You can find how trophy points are awarded by going to your profile page and clicking on "Trophy" on the left hand side of the page. The following is how subtitles are made:

the following post counts they are

10,000> omega
5,000-9,999 alpha
3,000-4,999 don (that's as in a college don, or senior lecturer/professor at a university!!)
2,000-2,999 supremo
1,000-1,999 post-grad
500-999 graduate
250-499 senior
100-249 member
20-99 junior member
0-19 new member
 
[Bonesmart.org] Things are starting to move...
Upstater, this is the funniest explanation I've heard to date!!!!!
 
BeckyR you're sounding good there! I missed my NSAIDS when I had to stop them for a week, so I knew they'd been helping. Less than a week now! Is your house all ready? :)
 
zauberflöte, Poppet, Yes, I suspect the NSAIDS were actually helping (something I wondered about) because I'm worse without them. My house is as ready as it is going to be, meaning that I haven't really done anything at all that is different from before. My husband will be here to take care of me, and we have a wonderful lady come in every two weeks to do the cleaning -- our biggest luxury. I have a walk-in shower, and I know where everything is, so I feel very safe here. We have a condo, and are on the 2nd floor, but we also have a little elevator of our own, so I don't even need to climb the steps if I don't want to. I have plenty of books to read, and music to listen to, and my husband will be here with me, because he is retired. Also -- plenty of ICE!!! Keep sending those good thoughts my way...they are appreciated!
 
BeckyR good luck with your surgery coming up. My biggest complaint so far is not enough kisses from my wife. Seems like I'll have to practice that oh ouch aww thingy a litte bit harder. She caught on to me yesterday, as i asked her to pick something up for me i moved my hand to quick on the goose part she caught wind of the rest and handed me my grabber thingy. Hmm will have to try a new tactic on her. But except for the getting out of bed every two hours for a jaunt around the house we did manage to spend the whole day in bed me with my sports and her with her books kind of reminded me of back in the uni days.
 
randy62, Thanks for the good wishes. I can see why your online nickname is Randy. All I can say is -- love will find a way! In any case, you are certainly entitled to at least 1,000 kisses a day. More, since you aren't feeling well. Tell your wife it is a BoneSmart prescription!
 
BeckyR, Thanks for the kind words you posted for me. I know I made the right choice about having this done now it's just waiting for 8 more weeks (my choice for my employer). My daughter 11 is has been very concerned because of my lack of being able to do what I used to and she's worried about the surgery itself. I've been thru alot this past year (had to have 1 other emergency surgery this past year) and it's upseting when she told me she's scared I'm going to die. All I'm hoping for is things to get some what back to normal. Seems like whent down hill fast this last year. I know it won't ever be like it was but hopefully close! Good luck with your surgery next week hope all goes perfect! I'll be looking for your post-opt posts.
 
Stillnuts, Chances are excellent that you WILL be as good as new once you recover from your surgery, based on everything I've read on this site and people I've known who have had the surgery. I teach 11 year old children, so I understand how vulnerable your daughter is right now. Reassure her that this is one of the very safest operations known to humanity, and that you'll be able to do all -- or nearly all -- of the things you did with her in the past. Did you see the video on youtube about MaryLou Retton's surgery? If not, check it out under the link for amazing recoveries on BoneSmart, or google it through youtube. You won't be sorry you saw it! Your daughter will probably love it, too. Stay strong and confident!
 
Poppet, Hi, Poppet! How can I mark a thread I want to watch? I get some e-mails -- there are evidently a couple of threads I somehow marked that I want to follow -- but there are more that I want to follow, and I don't know how. Also, I've realized that people are tagging me and I'm not necessarily getting an e-mail to let me know. Is there something else I need to do? Thanks for the technical help, and for everything else!
 
BeckyR, when someone tags you, you receive an Alert (check right hand side of the page at the very top of the page) you do not get an e-mail. If you want to follow someone's thread--when you are in their thread, go to the top of the page, find the title of the thread, then look below it on the right had side and you will see a box with Watch Thread written in it---click on that and you will be watching that thread.
 
Thanks Judy, bottomshollow for helping out.

Sorry Becky, BeckyR, just woke up.. Early Sunday am here in OZ. however Judy came to the rescue, thanks for tagging me :)
 
Did you see the video on youtube about MaryLou Retton's surgery?
Oh wow I just watched that on youtube, what an amazing woman and so nice, it's definitely one to watch so thanks for pointing it out! :) Hope that it helps you and your daughter Stillnuts
 
BeckyR -- I thought the trophies and all had to do with how helpful a person's posts were. Oh well . . . I figured I would never get any trophies because I'm always whining.
 
Aww No, @Butterflyly, you are not whining :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom