Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, I believe these are soft tissue pains associated with the surgery and realignment. I know it's frustrating to hurt. Take it easy for a few days and see if things get better. If they don't (or if it gets worse), then give your doctor's office a call. The fact that you don't have pain associated with weight bearing would indicate to me that it's not a problem with your knee implant.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

You've got muscle spasm. Go see your PT or a chiropractor to get some deep massage. In the meantime, hit it with pain meds and some ibuprofen. Moist heat might help as well.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Trying to get up is so painful. I have special chairs and a raised toilet, but it doesn't matter. The pain seems to be getting worse instead of letting up and I just want to scream every time I have to move.:shk: I am getting so depressed because the pain is increasing instead of decreasing now. I wanted to go and see my hubby this weekend but there is no way I could ride that far in a car at this point. I am just so bummed out and I all I want to do right now is sleep and cry.:cry: The pain meds are not helping and I just am so bummed. Sorry, I usually try to keep upbeat but I hurt so bad right now I just can't.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja.....I'm so sorry you are hurting so bad. Listen to Momma Hen. She KNOWS this stuff better than anyone. Follow her advice. I hope you can find a chiropractor's office that's open on Saturday.....call around and see. (((HUGS)))).....great big ol' Kansas ((((HUGS)))) comin' to you!

Please come chat with us too. It may help to have someone to talk with.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Have you tried the moist heat? Get a small towel and wet it. Wring it out until it's wet but not sopping wet, then put it in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Keep checking it until it's good and hot but not hot enough to scald you. Then put it on the painful areas. It does a lot to relax muscles that are in spasm. Other than that, you really need to do stretches but I cannot advise on that as I am not a PT!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Last night I thought I was having a strange dream that my bed was wet! :hehe: Well when I woke up it wasn't a dream. Part of my leg had split open and blood and clear fluid was draining on the bed and making a big puddle on the floor. I called for Mom and she brought in towels, and the stuff kept coming out. It started at 1:30 in the morning and I wasn't able to cover it until 5:00 a.m. I woke up again at 7:00 and the pad was drenched and I had to use another towel on it. I have lost at least 2 pints of fluid in this process, but the pain is lessening.:D

Most people have drains put in during their operation, as I did with my first knee replacement. This knee replacement was different though. The doctor had found a new type of bandaid that was supposed to take care of the drainage. It may for some, but it didn't for me.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Good grief! I hope you rang your doctor and got some antibiotics double quick. If not you need to - ASAP. That hole is probably quite deep. Don't take any chances.

No wonder you were in so much pain! Has it relieved it any more?
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja.....I do think you need to contact your surgeon (or whoever is on call). You want to be sure there are no problems with your knee. I know this must be frightening for you! (((HUGS)))

Please let us know what the doctor's office says.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I called the doctor's exchange, and they are putting me on a heavy dose of Clindamycin and the on-call doc told me to keep it covered and get in touch with my regular doc on Monday morning.

The pain has gone down tremendously. All of that stuff was trapped and couldn't escape causing lots of pain. I feel so much better now as far as that goes.:D
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Oh phew! That's a relief. But your doc will need to investigate why this happened.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, what a horrible experience!! The pain must have been horrible. Let us know what your doc tells you on Monday. Kelly
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello, and how is everyone? Two nights ago the pain returned with a vengenance! I am not able to walk using my my right leg and I an feeling very bummed right now, that the doctor told my family he was excited about the bandaides but my family told me that they asked him to put in in the drains like they did the first time. My Dr.s appoint is tomorrow at 1:15 p.m.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

OH Sonja...so sorry this is happening to you. Take the antibiotics until they are gone or the doc gives you !something else. Cannot believe they did not see you today:skp:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I agree--and Sonja, why didn't you go to the ER when your leg broke open like that?? If ever there was an emergency, you had one---I would have expected them to admit you and give you IV antibiotics.

I am just amazed that they did not see you on Monday--I hope you did not downplay your situation to them!! This is a dire situation and you need to be seen immediately. Kelly
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Im so sorry your having such a hard time! I just wanted to send good thoughts & hugs your way! Hope your doing better!
Nicole
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Barb, I am sure they admitted her to the hospital when she went in--I think she had a massive infection in that knee. I hope everything will turn out okay. Kelly
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

That's what I was thinking, Kelly, but didn't want to say so. However, she only just 3 weeks out when it happened so it could have just been a haematoma which may or may not have been connected to the joint. Let's hope it was the lesser of the two.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Definitely what I was hoping for...she was one messed up girl!!! She's in my prayers, if nothing else she is scared to death.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, my heart and prayers are with you. Please let us know how you are when you are able to post.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom