Guest viewing is limited

TKR The adventure begins

I too seem to notice a difference when i've been eating clean (less or no sugar) versus high sugar when it comes to arthritis and pain/inflammation. As I finish my vanilla bean ice cream and chocolate syrup (leftover from a birthday party Saturday - I have pitched what remained because I just don't eat vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup!) Sounds like your knee held up quite well with all the making of cupcakes.
 
Well, it had to happen sooner or later. We took a day off and spent the whole day shopping in Nashville and went out to dinner. Left the house about 9:30 and didn't get home until nearly 9 pm. The husband, the kid and I. We had a great day and the knee held up beautifully. I was tired but so was the 16 year old kid. When we got home, it was dark and raining. Walking up my front steps with a handful of packages, I tripped hard and fell flat on my face.

I was terrified I ruined my knee. I sat up and checked for damage. Knee didn't hurt at all. I was shaky but fine. As I said, probably inevitable to fall sooner or later. And now I probably won't worry about it again. Something similar happened with my first baby. I used to have dreams about dropping her. Once I did fall holding her and she was fine and I never thought about it again. I suspect I will be less stressed about falling after this.
 
So glad you weren't hurt -- you experienced what all of us fear: falling on our new knee! What a scare that must've been for you.:yikes: Hope you aren't too sore over the next couple of days as a result. Take care!!
 
Take care! Your legs were probably tired after that full day! So glad you weren't badly hurt but you might feel some muscle soreness and stiffness today. Ice,ice baby!
 
@Jajakio, how wonderful about your recovery! It sounds like the hard stuff is behind you and the best is yet to come :loveshwr:
 
Sounds like your knee held up fabulously for the day. But oh gosh... Glad you're okay. Thanks for reminding us how strong the bionic knees are. :)
 
So glad you weathered the fall. Your recovery is going great!
 
So sorry you fell and glad you weren't hurt. It's second-nature by now to feel protective about our knees. They were our little wounded bird(s) for months. They hurt with every step and we just wanted them to get better, and they did get better, and now we want them to stay that way. So we were careful of them, and still are. It takes a few lessons to teach us they're all grown up and recovered, and able to weather a mild mishap. Just like the rest of our bodies. :heehee:
 
I'm sorry you had a fall, but I'm glad your TKR is OK. I've had several falls and my knees have always been all right - while you may suffer some soft tissue damage, those implants are tough!
 
Thanks for all the support. I feel pretty good today. Very little soreness. Just a dab tired. It seems I have survived. I was slightly swollen last night but back to normal this morning.
 
Last edited:
Great to hear.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 
14 weeks

The recovery continues. Occasional stabs of mild discomfort in the knee but nothing that prevents me from doing what I want to do. Still a small numb patch on front outside just below knee. Stairs still aren't perfect. Okay going up foot over foot usually, sometimes I can do foot over foot going down but it requires concentration and easily lapses to one foot at a time. But I can go up and down easily and don't dread stairs anymore. I pop up and down stairs 10 or more times a day without thinking about it. I can do a normal 8 or 10 hour running around day of work or shopping without much pain or tiredness.

I can now sleep on either side for at least a few hours although I still rustle around a bit at night and wake up briefly a few times but I generally go back to sleep pretty quickly. I am going to have to tender my presidency of the slow sleepers club to someone else since I'm actually doing pretty well. I seldom take any kind of pain pills even aspirin or tylenol. The knee is fine and my sore back is improving but not quite back to normal. Maybe once a week or so I take something for my back. A big change from being on Meloxicam daily presurgery.
 
Great story, @Jajakio! Your ability to do large quantities of delicacies in the kitchen is enviable. And you seem to have the rhythm down so you don't overdo too much.

The only problem with cutting out the sugar is: what will we do about the ice cream? It's a well-known fact that ice cream helps TKRs heal faster.
 
Wow, just saw your 14-week report, and it's super! I'm about where you are right now, and I'm about 5 weeks ahead of you. My excuse is that I had an MUA, which, although it helped my flexion, I believe did set me back a ways in healing.

:goodpost::wowspring::egypdance::egypdance::egypdance:
 
@Polkadot, I'm sure the MUA did set you back, not to mention whatever was wrong that required the MUA. I think you're doing splendidly after a rough start. Here hoping we both continue forward without any major issues.

@Canada35 , I'm not even sure what normal is anymore, are you? I think I had been going downhill slowly for a few years with the bad knee. Im no longer sure what I can and can't do. I'm wanting to find out though and push my limits a little.
 
Great report for 14 weeks, @Jajakio Standing ovation happening over here for you at phrog's pond. Hmmm. That's kind of a mixed metaphor. Maybe jumping for joy going on? :froggies: Isn't it great when you suddenly notice you are taking less Tylenol etc? Happy for you.
 
that is a wonderful 14 week update. impressive that you can handle a 10 hour busy day with minimum pain or fatigue.
 
I am so sorry to read about your fall. Good to know all was well. An excellent knee report. Well done.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom