Bilateral TKR Thank you

Thanks lindylee

Your doing fantastic it!!!

I think our knees are in the playful stage
They lull you into “oh we feel wonderful and can do it all”
Then when you try to give it that extra push they wine like babies and say “ouch we hurt!” For days!!
Well it’s just an excuse to sit back but then up and rest then while have a great wine with cheese and fruit . It’s medicinal !
 
Sorry my spelling is so bad today
 
@Claud I iced 4+ times a day for at least 45 minutes at a time for the first 2-3 weeks, and now at coming up to 7 weeks I ice once or twice daily. I had both my hips done 6 weeks apart, 5 months before my bilateral knees, and I will say that I was very fatigued. I just could not do much, so just be really kind to yourself.
 
Thanks possum65

It’s just that it’s finally looking like spring
And I’m on the hunt to find that darn groundhog who said early spring!!

Got to get my legs in shape. LOL
 
Well it’s just an excuse to sit back but then up and rest then while have a great wine with cheese and fruit . It’s medicinal !

That's the spirit (pun intended) at 11 weeks I still ice as much as possible, the ice machine definitely runs all night, it sure helps my sleep.
 
Lol. FCBayern !
You crack me up.

I’m about 10 weeks out. I stopped icing about 3 weeks ago
The cold ice was reaking havoc on the rest of my joints as the cold moved threw my body, so I stopped the ice.

After a long walk I come home
Elevate my legs and use my massager .
Ya the knees get stiff but elevating them (for me) seems to work.
Everyone’s different , and that’s the fun of it. Reading everyone’s helpful thoughts and experiences and then trying to figure what works for you.
We just got to keep moving! ‍♂️‍♀️‍♀️No matter what!

Happy Easter to all... be safe !
 
You're so right about being lulled into doing more (or even less!), went out for the day yesterday, opposite of Monday's up and down stairs, spent too long sitting with foot on floor. Result is now one unhappy knee that kept me awake last night and then when I did sleep dreamt I got on a wrong train going to the other end of the country with no stops en route!
 
Wow your right

That dream I think was sent to you from your knee telling you
“Sit down ! relax ! and enjoy the ride.
We’ll get there when we get there”
Lol
 
Result is now one unhappy knee that kept me awake last night and then when I did sleep dreamt I got on a wrong train going to the other end of the country with no stops en route!
:console2:
 
@Lindylee, you would’ve been fine if you got on the wrong train, I live at the other end of the country , a few days on Arran in this gorgeous weather would be a tonic for you :dancy:
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Members online

Back
Top Bottom